by
EE Community Support Team

EE Flex Plan - the mobile plan on your terms

EE Flex plans give you complete freedom: no contract, no remembering to top up, no losing your unused data, and allowances you can change whenever it suits you.

flex.jpg

A Flex plan provides you the best of both worlds. Like pay monthly, you set up one regular payment, so you never have to worry about topping up. But, like pay as you go, there's no contract: you can change, pause or stop your plan whenever you like.

You can change your allowances any time too. So, if you find that you need more data than you thought, you can just simply switch to a plan with more data.

Any unused data will roll over to the following month, and you can change your allowances whenever it suits you.

Find out more about Flex plans > 

What are the benefits of Flex plans?

Flex plans give you more flexibility. Their benefits include:

• there's no contract: you can change, pause or stop your plan whenever you like

• you simply set up one regular payment, and you never have to worry about topping up again

• you get 4G data, minutes and texts

• any unused data rolls over to the next month

• you'll get a Free Data Boost of 500MB every three months

• plans start from just £10 a month

Are there any charges for card payments?

No, but when you pay with a debit or credit card, you need to make sure that you have enough funds available. If you don't and your bank or credit card provider charges you, you'll have to pay those charges.

How do I get a Flex plan?

Ordering a Flex plan is easy. Just follow the simple steps on our online shop.

Get started with ordering your Flex SIM online >

How do I pause or stop my plan?

You can pause or stop your plan any time by:

1) Logging in to My EE and go to Menu > Flex plans

2) Scrolling down and tap the ‘Pause Plan’ button

Pausing your plan means that it won’t renew, and you can choose to start a new plan whenever you’re ready. In the meantime, you’ll need to top up credit for calls or texts and buy an add-on if you want to use data. If you want to use your device on our network (calls cost 35p/min and texts 15p/text).

How do Free Data Boosts work?

Every three months your Flex plan will get a Free Data Boost to use in the UK and while roaming in the EU. Every three months we'll boost your monthly data allowance by an extra 500MB and you get that extra data from then on for free. So, your allowance keeps growing and growing. All you must do is claim your Free Data Boost every three months in My EE.

And the best thing? You can do it again and again and again. So, the more plans you buy over time, the bigger your monthly allowances become.

More about Free Data Boosts >

How does Data Rollover work?

Data Rollover means you won't lose any unused data from your Flex plan. If you haven't used all your monthly data allowance, it will be added to the next month, so you get another chance to use it. If your next plan doesn't start straight away, your leftover data will still be added so long as you start your next plan within seven days.

More about Data Rollover >

Want to learn more? Here's a simple video that explains everything you need to know:

Does this sound like what you're looking for? Not sure? Just tap reply below to ask any questions you may have, and for support in setting up Flex.

20 REPLIES 20
by Cjr60
Visitor

Re: EE Flex Plan - the mobile plan on your terms

My contract with EE runs out in Jan 20.  Am I able to switch to a flex plan now and will I be able to keep my same number ? 

Thank you 

by

Hi there @Cjr60

Thanks for coming to the community.

If you choose to do this now, there could be a charge as you are still in contract with us.

To find out how much and when you could move to a Flex Plan with your number with no fee give us a call on 150 🙂

Leanne.

by Sean838

Can I gift data to a flex plan ?

by

Hi @Sean838

Welcome to the community. 

Data gifting can only be done from one contract SIM to another, as long as they're on the same EE account.

You can't gift data to a Flex plan.

Chris

by jackie110
Visitor

i am currently on pay monthly but the contract has expired.  can i change to the flex plan and still keep my number?

by

Hello @jackie110

Thanks for posting 🙂

If you give us a call on 150, we will be able to go through all your options with you 🙂

Leanne.

by Klmklm Investigator
Investigator

Would this plan work for an emergency phone, ie minimal use? If you paused the plan after the first payment how long would you retain the number and the credit?

by BE131
Visitor

SO JUST PAY £10 PER MONTH IS LOWEST - NO OTHER COSTS?

by Klmklm Investigator
Investigator

Not what I'm looking for. That would be £120 per year. I want a phone you buy credit for and then maybe send one text or make one phone call a month from, without losing credit. One you can keep in the car glove box.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Klmklm : Then you want PAYG not Flex.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by

Hi there @Klmklm

Thanks for coming back to us.

You can view all our EE Pay as you go packs on the EE Shop 🙂

They may be more what you are looking for.

Leanne.

Highlighted
by Klmklm Investigator
Investigator

Thanks, I think you're right that pay as you go is probably more what I'm looking for.

However, have just had a look and am not clear what is retained after 30 days. Do you keep all of your unused credit? Are there minimum requirements to keep it active?

by

Hi @Klmklm,

Any unused credit will remain on your account until you use it.

It's just pay as you go packs that expire after a set time period.

To keep your SIM active, you'll need to complete a chargeable action every 179 days.

Please see What is pay as you go hibernation and how can I stop it? for more information.

Hope this helps.

James

by cuksi

Can I exchange my Flex sim for esim ?

by

Hi @cuksi,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Sorry, our Flex plans don't support eSIM.

Thanks

James

by Frederick_gao
Explorer

Hello, I am an ee customer on pay as you go, I set up automatic payment for a pack. It seems very similar with flex plan you just introduced here. Is there any differences? 

The only thing different I can see here is flex plan give more minutes than payg packs. Can I transfer from payg to flex plan? 

Thanks 

by

Hello there @Frederick_gao

Thanks for coming here.

You can set a card payment for a Flex Plan each month, as you have with your pay as you go pack.

If you would like to transfer to a Flex Plan give us a call, our Pay as you go team will be able to help you with this 🙂

Our Flex Plans also include free boosts on any plan,

Leanne 🙂

by Frederick_gao
Explorer

hello, @Leanne_T ,thanks for your reply. May I ask is flex plan include non-geographic numbers such as 0800 and 0845? If it doesn't include it, do we need to top up extra credit for it? Thanks!

by

Hi there @Frederick_gao

Thanks for coming back to me.

Calls to 0800 and 0808 numbers are free.

To call any other 08 number you would need credit on your account. Charges can be found within our Non standard call charges Help page.

Thanks.

Leanne 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions