by Cdennis186 Investigator
Investigator

Don't bother with boosts.

So for many months now I've been building up free boosts buying packs every month, making sure I stayed on the 30 day packs so I could keep my boosts. I realised a couple of months ago that I didn't need the £20 pack I was paying for anymore, as I had enough boosts to drop it down to the £5 pack. "Brilliant!" I thought. I had this for the first month and it worked perfectly, the next month however, it renewed and my boosts disappeared! This month it did the same so I tried an online chat (as I can never hear well over the phone) they said they couldn't help me and to call instead. I asked if a store could help me as I can't hear well over the phone, they said yes. I went to my local shop instead, they also said they couldn't help me and I had to call.....

So I finally try to call, and can't because customer services charge payg customers 25p to ring them and I only ever use my pack minutes and not willing to top up again! So about 15mins of option pressing and being on hold on my landline, someone answers the phone. They tell me that because I moved down to the £5 pack, I lost all my boosts, but they'll add them back on and I need to stay with the £10 pack to keep them. I was never made aware of this at any point otherwise I would have stuck with my original packs as I'd invested a lot of money into stacking up my free boosts. 

Checking my account now, my boosts aren't back, they just renewed my pack!....I'm not ringing them back again!

Needless to say, I'm not impressed! For a company that says their customer service is the best, I do not agree! 

I will be looking into other companies now as I am in need of a new phone so was considering a contract, but liked how easy the boost system was....After this experience, I will now be looking to other companies!

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Don't bother with boosts.

You lose your boosts if your switch from a 30 day pack of at least £10 to a £5 one or any 7-day pack. It's all in All you need to know about EE Free Boosts .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @Cdennis186

I am very sorry to hear of your experience.

As @XRaySpeX has advised you would lose any boosts when changing to this pack. 

What pack are you now using?

Any changes customer service make can take 24 hours to show.

Leanne

Investigator

My point was that I wasn't made aware that I would lose my boosts by going to £5 so I didn't know, otherwise I wouldn't have done it, the only time I got a warning for this was if I wanted to change to the 7 day plans. 

But I still had my boosts after the first month on the £5 pack so I don't understand why it wouldn't disappear until the next £5 pack.

I'm still on the original £5 pack, my boosts have not appeared back on my account and it's been over 24 hours now.

by
EE Community Support Team

I see @Cdennis186

Thanks for coming back to me. 

In this case, I would suggest giving us another call so we can get this looked into for you.

Let me know how you get on.

Leanne.

Investigator

As I say in my original post, I won't be calling back again. 15mins on hold and had to ring on my landline cos it cost me to ring on my payg so will be interesting to see how much the call cost me on the landline!

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions