by trussgod Investigator
Investigator

Does EE prefer it when I'm angry?

I have a PAYG sim with a VIP everything pack that provides 8GB data per month.  This worked fine for me all summer and I had data rolling over every month despite living in a tent without wifi since May.  Then out of nowhere, I get a pushy sales guy call me on the 19th of this month.  He was trying to sell me more data and I kept refusing saying that my data allowance is fine.  Then my data ran out inexplicably on the 22nd with 9 days left to go before my new pack started.  I couldn't figure out what happened there, but thought it was a little suspicious.

I added 1GB data on the morning of the 22nd and 36hrs later, it had also run out!  

I'm not really a conspiracy theorist, but it seems kind of suspicious, especially when I try to view my data usage to see if there's some strange spike in the last week and I get this message: 

10-24 20_18-My EE.png

Are they playing a game with me?  I'm going back to Giff Gaff.  They're horrible, but at least I know they're horrible in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Does EE prefer it when I'm angry?

Hi @trussgod

Welcome to the community.

What kind of device do you use your SIM in?

I'll do my best to help.

Chris

by trussgod Investigator
Investigator

A Samsung J3.  As I said, I went through a busy summer, 7 days a week never maxing my data.  Now I'm only using it 5 days a week in the evenings only and going through 500mb in a day?  It's very suspicious.

by
EE Community Support Team

You should be able to check which apps you have used the data on within your phone settings, @trussgod:

Tap Settings > Connections > Data Usage > Mobile data (may vary slightly depending on manufacturer/software version).

Scroll down and your apps will show how much data they have used with the figure in GB, MB or KB next to it.

This will help you understand which apps that you use for data most and, if you reset the counter, help you monitor going forward.

Which are your top used apps?

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.