by bbstorm
Explorer

Do the flex plans have VoLTE?

volite gives such better stable 4G on data, can anyone confirm if they have it on the flex plans?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Do the flex plans have VoLTE?

Hi @bbstorm

No the flex plans don't have EE VOLTE service.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
12 REPLIES 12
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Hi @bbstorm

No the flex plans don't have EE VOLTE service.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Nor WiFi Calling (VoWiFi).

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by bbstorm
Explorer

no its 4G calling 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @bbstorm

Thanks for coming to the community.

4G Calling is not available on a Flex Plan.

Full information and all the benefits of EE Flex Plans can be found on our EE Flex Plan are here -the new mobile plan on your terms post

Thanks, Leanne.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@bbstorm: Yes, I know that was what you asked but for completeness I was adding the further info. that WiFi Calling is also not included just in case you, or any other readers of this thread, are interested.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Treebeard Investigator
Investigator

Hi. Has this changed? The 'The legal bit' for flex accounts includes:

"You can only use mobile internet or make calls on our 4G network if you’re within a 4G-enabled area and in range of a 4G base station. You’ll need a 4G calling compatible phone to make and receive calls over our 4G network. You can check your 3G and 4G coverage at ee.co.uk/coverage. Your 4G phone may not be compatible with any 4G network outside the UK. We’ll let you know by text message when your data is running low (80% of your allowance is used up) and when it has run out. You cannot use mobile internet unless you have bought a Flex Plan or an add-on."

This would seem to imply that flex users can access 4G calling/VoLTE.

Cheers - TB

Highlighted
by

Hi @Treebeard 

Welcome to the community.

Could you send me a link to where you found this information? I'll look into this with the relevant team.

Chris

Investigator

Hi

Got to: https://shop.ee.co.uk/plans-and-packs/flex-plans

Down to the bottom and open 'The legal bit'. Down to '4. Using our services'. About 2/3 way down they block before 'EU ROAMING'.

Cheers TB

by

Hi @Treebeard

Thanks for coming back to us with this information.

4G calling is not currently available for Flex customers.

We’ve fed this back to the relevant team for them to make it clearer on the website.

Thanks.

Leanne.

by LuisEgy

I asked today at my local store in Maidstone and they said it’s supported. Then when I saw this post, I decided to call customer service and they too said it’s supported. 

Also tweeted EE and they too said that as long as phone supports it, it will work.

Can we please have a final word on this?

I would hate to buy a SIM card and end up without volte given the lack of indoor 3G where I live.

Investigator

All that I can say is that while I was on Flex I played with the phone settings and couldn't get 4G or WiFi calling on my Pixel 3a. I moved to a contract 3 weeks ago and both 4G & WiFi calling started to work without any changes to my phone. HTH - Cheers TB

by

Morning @LuisEgy

Thanks for coming to the community.

4G Calling is available on our Pay Monthly plans, this is not currently available on our EE Flex Plans.

You can find full information on our How do I use 4G Calling? Help page.

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.