Highlighted
by
Explorer

Data package policy

I had to switch from Orange to EE when I changed my phone a year ago. Pay as you go on Orange was exactly that: calls, texts, data all came directly out of my credit. With EE I have to buy data packages.

Why?

It is annoying a. because of the extra hassle and b. because the advertised prices are meaningless. If I buy 100Mb, I may use 10Mb within the allowed period. This makes the arrangement look like a SCAM.  

So far this is the only channel I have found that might bring this commercial bad practice to the attention of EE policy makers, but I have no great hopes, and will look for another.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Data package policy

Hi @conspicuity

EE PAYG packs are explained in EE comprehensive user guide which you can find here.

Many people find the packs more useful than the traditional PAYG plans and they also offer additional benefits such as boosts. Many users find these useful so to suggest these are a scam is just ridiculous.

As the guide I linked you to says, to cancel all packs and revert to the traditional PAYG service then text STOP PACK to 150

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Highlighted
by
Explorer

If your last statement means I can pay for data as I use it, then I am grateful for your response.

Regards,
C

Get Outlook for Android
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

No, it doesn't. You can only pay for calls & texts as you use them. To use data you must buy a pack or data add-on.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
Explorer

Thank you.
That’s what I thought... and that’s what I object to.
There may be many reasons why some people like packages but, frankly, I don’t want to have to choose on the basis of a guess about how much data I might need; I don’t want bonuses and special deals. I want clarity. Keep it simple. Set a price so I know what I’m actually paying per Mb. Please, EE.
C

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @conspicuity

Welcome to the community.

Our customer service team will be able to run through some options with you. Please get in touch with them and let us know what happens.

Thanks

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.