Highlighted
by Didi74 Investigator
Investigator

Credit disappearing and I only asked for a PAYG sim for calls/texts

Visited EE shop to get new sim for new phone having had a T-Mobile PAYG for many years with credit still in place of £10+.  I was informed I needed to top up my existing credit with the minimum (£5) thus making £15+ credit but all the messages received appear completely random figures and with credit disappearing.  I fear I have been set up with something I did not require or ask for.  Can anyone tell me what I should do next to complain and get my credit put back to what it should be so that I have access and credit in an emergency situation, which is what I need the phone for and have previously had.

Thank you if anyone can assist.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: Credit disappearing and I only asked for a PAYG sim for calls/texts

It will more than likely be your handset using mobile data.  What handset are you using?

You need to disable mobile data in your handset settings if you only use it for calls and texts.  That will stop your PAYG credit from being used up.

8 REPLIES 8
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

It will more than likely be your handset using mobile data.  What handset are you using?

You need to disable mobile data in your handset settings if you only use it for calls and texts.  That will stop your PAYG credit from being used up.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

What exactly does texting AL to 150 report?

What network does texting NUMBER to 150 say you're on?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Didi74   I’m sure you’ll find out your using packs and these last 30 days then you need to top up again.  If you want a standard PAYG where your credit is just used for calls/texts then you need to send STOP PACK to 150.  Once you get to the end of your current pack you’ll be on standard PAYG.  

by Didi74 Investigator
Investigator

Honor 10.  I can't see how to turn off mobile data at the moment - I'm too old for this!

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Didi74.

Don't worry, we can help you get it turned off 🙂

What phone are you currently using?

Jon

by Didi74 Investigator
Investigator

I appear to have managed to find where to turn off data - is there anything else I need to do to stop the drain of my credit?  If I text to stop data once the £5 (cost of the new SIM I assume) is used up will I still have the balance that was tranferred from T-Mobile or can they now use that too?

by Didi74 Investigator
Investigator

Well I've just texted to 150 "STOP PACK" only to be told that I don't have a PACK so now I am even more confused.  Will the fact that I have now turned off data on the phone mean that the money left will be available for any calls?

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Didi74 Yes your credit now will all be available for calls and texts with your data turned off. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.