by Experimental28 Investigator
Investigator

Content lock stuck

Hi, I seem to be having a problem with content lock.

I can never load any websites with 18+ content, and sometimes when I try loading them I'm taken to the page: https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/anonymous-content-lock/%3Ff=844022230 telling me that the EE content lock is on and to use a credit card to take it off.

However, I've spoken to somebody through the online help chat who said they've checked my account to find that content lock is apparently not active on it, to restart everything, try a different browser, and then get in touch again if the problem persists.

The problem still persists.

I don't know what to do now?

Anyone?

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Content lock stuck

Have you ever asked for Content Lock to be lifted before? If not, it is still ON. You need to use the Credit Card option to pay a refundable token, just to prove to EE that you are over 18.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Experimental28

Welcome to the community 🙂

Are you with us on pay as you go or pay monthly?

If pay monthly, does content lock show as active in your My EE account.

Are they showing as off?

Leanne 🙂

Investigator

Not until just recently. It was working fine until a few days ago but then just randomly started blocking me, and sometimes redirecting to the content locked page. I asked someone on help chat to lift it, or verify that it's lifted, but they said there's no content lock currently activated on my account.

I can only assume it's some kind of technical error?

Investigator

I'm using pay as you go at the moment, it's just a standard dongle with a top up SIM card.

When I login to my EE account, there's no message or information about whether a content lock is on or not. And when I follow My EE online > Menu...there's no "Manage Device" option.

Thanks.

by

Hi @Experimental28 

Could you try following this My EE account link and log in?

If you're able to, please try removing and re-dding the content lock.

Chris

Investigator

That didn't work, but thank you.

My "Menu" screen looks like the following:

ijuhuh6.png

There's no other options.

The good news though is that I got in contact with someone from the help chat again, and they said they would do a full refresh of my account/connection. And that seems to have worked as I'm not having anymore problems, so fully resolved.

Cheers.

by

Glad you've managed to get sorted, @Experimental28 

Thanks for letting us know.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.