by Bobbobbobbob Investigator
Investigator

Can't cancel 30 day sim

I needed a Sim card for a short period. So I purchased a 30 day Sim. EE promise that you can cancel any time by going to the plans page scrolling down and clicking cancel. Unfortunately there is nowhere where you can click cancel.  I contacted EE for help and they have not replied.

There is a pause button that you can click but it appears that this involves further charges and is not a cancellation.

I would be grateful for any assistance from members of the EE community or from any EE staff who look at this part of the site 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Can't cancel 30 day Flex sim

@Bobbobbobbob : Pausing will not incur any further charges. I now believe there is no explicit Cancel option but is effectively Pause with never again starting another Flex Plan, or even just binning the Flex SIM.

Flex plans explained :

How do I pause or stop my Flex plan?

You can pause or stop your plan any time:

1. log in to My EE and go to Menu > Flex plans

2. then scroll down and tap the ‘Pause Plan’ button

Pausing your Flex plan means that it won't renew.

Once you’ve confirmed you want to pause your plan, no further payments will be taken. You’ll be able to use the allowances you’ve paid for until your current plan period ends.

You can choose to start a new Flex plan whenever you're ready.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
14 REPLIES 14
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Can't cancel 30 day sim

Hi @Bobbobbobbob 

Call EE CS on 150 and give 30 days notice.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Investigator

Hi Northener

Thank you for the reply but that would incur a further charge as 30 days notice would take me into another 30 day payment period.

EE promise you can cancel online immediately with no notice. But the cancellation option is not on the website. At least I cannot find it. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Bobbobbobbob 

Yes you can cancel after 30 days as that's your minimum contract term, but you still need to give 30 days notice to cancel. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Investigator

hi Bob I think you are referring to terms for a different plan, The terms for the flex-plan I have say:

"You can cancel your plan anytime. Go to the plans page, scroll down and you will find the 'Cancel Plan' button. Once you've confirmed you want to cancel it, we won't take any further payments. You'll still be able to use the allowances you've already paid for until your current plan period ends."

There is no 30 day notice period required. 

However there is no place on the website where you can cancel.

It seems to me that EE are providing misleading information and making a promise of easy cancellation that they do not in fact facilitate 

Investigator

sorry my last message should be addressed Hi Northener and not Hi Bob. EE have me so exasperated with he apparently empty promise of easy cancellation that I am talking to myself

Here is the promise 

"You can cancel your plan anytime. Go to the plans page, scroll down and you will find the 'Cancel Plan' button. Once you've confirmed you want to cancel it, we won't take any further payments. You'll still be able to use the allowances you've already paid for until your current plan period ends."

But there is no 'Cancel plan' button 

Promise made  - Promise broken 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Bobbobbobbob : You haven't bought a 30-day SIM-Only contract where 30 days notice of cancellation is required.

You have bought an EE Flex Plan SIM where when you choose your Flex Plan you give your CC details & are thereafter charged every 30 days for the plan until you either Pause it or cancel it. You can do this at anytime & the charges will stop immediately.

Just click the Pause button you see under Flex Plans. I believe it will ask you whether you just want to pause it or cancel entirely.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Hi XRS

Many thanks for the reply - you are right about the plan. The fly in the ointment is that no cancellation option comes up. Just an option to pause. I want to cancel but I am only given a pause option. That seems to leave me in limbo and concerned that I will be charged further when I want to cancel to avoid any further charges and be free of any further responsibility for the sim.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks. Just use the Pause button. There's no reason why you'll be further charged even if it doesn't then offer you the option to Cancel, as I think it will.

Investigator

I'm paused - I paused when I found no option to cancel. But no cancel option came up subsequently. Fingers crossed that pausing does not involve further charges, but it is exasperating that EE say that there is a "cancel" button that you can press at any time, when there isn't one. I was promised I could cancel and want the certainty of that.

I phoned EE and they said I couldn't cancel - a manager is meant to be calling me back about it.

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@Bobbobbobbob : Pausing will not incur any further charges. I now believe there is no explicit Cancel option but is effectively Pause with never again starting another Flex Plan, or even just binning the Flex SIM.

Flex plans explained :

How do I pause or stop my Flex plan?

You can pause or stop your plan any time:

1. log in to My EE and go to Menu > Flex plans

2. then scroll down and tap the ‘Pause Plan’ button

Pausing your Flex plan means that it won't renew.

Once you’ve confirmed you want to pause your plan, no further payments will be taken. You’ll be able to use the allowances you’ve paid for until your current plan period ends.

You can choose to start a new Flex plan whenever you're ready.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Essentially Cancel = Pause Forever 😉!

Investigator

Hi XRS

Thank you for this info. I haven't been able to find the instructions you have copied about pausing on the EE site. The instructions that I copied before (which are different and refer to a "cancel" button) are the only ones I have seen. 

It seems that EE have contradictory information in different parts of the site.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that I don't get further charges. 

Cheers for all the input! 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

I gave you the link, Flex plans explained , to my source of info.

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance & it is now sorted.

Investigator

Ah, I see, I didn't realise it was a link.

I have found the info on the site now. It is indeed contradictory to the part of the EE site within account section that says you need to press a "cancel" button. 

EE need to make the instructions consistent.

Much appreciated XRS

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions