by Tommytucker Contributor
Contributor

Bought data pack via 150 quotes 250 mins only gave me 100 what can I do ??

Read more
I recently topped up and rang 150 to purchase a pack I was told for £10 I would get 2gb of data 250 minutes and unlimited texts I received the data and texts but only got 100 minutes what can I do about this ? Thanks
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Bought data pack via 150 quotes 250 mins only gave me 100 what can I do ??

No one will contact you from here. This is a user discussion forum. I'm sure just a mistake has been made & if you phone them you should also get your 25p refunded for making the call.

You can make a formal complaint to EE & if you don't get satisfaction after 8 weeks you can take it to EE's ADR provider. See Complaints code of practice and here is the Complaints Form.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
19 REPLIES 19
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Tommytucker  Give customer services a call and ask them why.  

Contributor

It will cost me to ring customer services and I flat out refuse to pay when they have basically gave me false advertising to palm me off with a worse deal than what they originally said .. I’m unsure as to the legal side to the situation but I’m sure this is on some form or other illegal I want what I payed for and for some reason I can’t get live chat either ?? Thanks for the reply 

Contributor

Want to talk to we through live chat how do I access this?

How do I access live chat I need to speak to EE thanks

by Grand Master
Grand Master

The £10 Data pack does only include 100 mins. There is a £10 Everything pack that does include 250 mins, but it only has 1 GB of data. Some mix-up?

You can see all the packs you can get in Pay as you go packs explained .

Instead of phoning EE on 150 to buy the pack, why didn't you simply text DP10 to 150? Then you'll know what you are getting.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Want to talk to we through live chat how do I access this?

You may use Live Chat if you are on contract but not PAYG. Go to Get in touch & open up the "EE    +".

Is there anything we can help you with?

Contributor

I was unaware that was an option if I’m honest this is my first purchase and was only aware of the ringing 150 option but it clearly states on the data pack when I ring that I will receive 250 minutes ? I have looked online and it does indeed say 100 minutes but why then quote 250 on the data pack that I purchased via 150 can this be rectified ?? it’s not too much of a problem but I want what I was told I was paying for. I think this is only fair they lured me in with a promise that they then broke, that’s my big issue I know it may seem petty but it is what it is if you know what I mean 

Contributor

I am on payg I purchased a data pack through 150 I was quoted 250 mins 2gb of data and unlimited texts I only received 100 mins I am aware that online it says 100 mins but the fact remains it says 250 through the automated service I would like what I payed for if I’m honest. I can upload a recording of the automated phone call proving it offered me 250 mins on the data pack if it is possible to do so ?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

All you can do is phone EE & complain that you have not got what you were promised.

Contributor

I know but they will then profit more from me ringing their customer service it’s laughable I’m unsure as to the legality of it but I’m sure there is some sort of fraud issue here I have kept the recording of the phone call and purchase and I’m hoping to take it further if they can’t resolve this issue. Is this site not checked by EE staff? Can’t they message me directly ? 

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

No one will contact you from here. This is a user discussion forum. I'm sure just a mistake has been made & if you phone them you should also get your 25p refunded for making the call.

You can make a formal complaint to EE & if you don't get satisfaction after 8 weeks you can take it to EE's ADR provider. See Complaints code of practice and here is the Complaints Form.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, we've already discussed this in this thread.

Contributor

Thanks mate

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Tommytucker

Welcome to the community, I'm sorry to hear that there seems to have been a mix-up with your allowances. 

I see you have been given some brilliant advice here already.

Please keep us posted on what happens after speaking to customer services or using the complaint form that @XRaySpeX posted above.

Thank you

Chris

Contributor

Your a lot more help than what EE have been lol I’ve just been in branch they said the same it’s the everything bundle until I rang 150 in front of them and then they said it’s a mistake on their part they will refund the £10 to my phone knowing I have no choice but to rebuy the bundle as it’s the only option other than just using the credit. they have “flagged” the issue but with no real outcome for me other than what I started with it’s not a real big problem but I feel they should have honoured their side of the agreement. Anyways thanks again

Contributor

I feel you should honour your side of the deal I was promised something that wasn’t delivered I can send you a recording of the 150 phone call if that helps at all

by

We do not have access to your account here in the community forum, @Tommytucker.

If you would like to take this further as a complaint, you can find the information on how to do so on our make a complaint help and support page.

Please keep us posted on what happens.

Thanks.

Chris 

Contributor

Hey everyone thanks for the contributions I managed to get through to live chat and the allowance that I was given was a shock to the EE agent he checked the details and they hadn’t heard of the balance I had been given before it’s been lodged as a single fault user and was dealt with fairly finally. All in all the advice and help that was given by this community pointed me in the right direction thanks to the guys on here who gave me help and to EE for resolving the issue 

by

I'm happy to hear that this seems to be sorted for you @Tommytucker.

Please feel free and welcome to come back any time. 🙂

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.