by Cheesemann Investigator
Investigator

Boost gone after 60 days

I bought three 30-day packs earlier this year, so got a Boost. Now, after a break of a few months, I find that the Boost has disappeared. I've now found the help on the website which says it has to be used in 60 days. The text that I got at the time doesn't mention the 60 days at all. Was I supposed to know that I needed to check the help on the website for the "small print"? There were also no reminder texts telling me to use the Boost. But I did get plenty of reminders that EE would like me to re-start paying for packs! How annoying.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Boost Choice gone after 60 days

In my view it becomes a Boost when it is added to your allowances & therefore you can use it in anger. The process is (approx):

1. You earn the right to get a Boost by buying the requisite no. of Packs. This is what can be paused indefinately.
  2. You are offered the choice of which Boost you want. This offer expires after 60 days.
  3. You accept the offer & choose.
  4. On the next Pack the Boost is added.

I find it quite clear in the Help article What are EE Free Boosts? :

You have 60 days to choose your Free Boost

You have 60 days to choose your Free Boost. We’ll text you to tell you when you’re eligible again, so you don’t miss out.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Boost gone after 60 days

I read the Help on the website as saying that having earned a Boost you have 60 days to choose the type of new Boost you want, not that you lose your existing Boosts after 60 days.

In fact it goes on to say:

Gaps between packs

You don’t need to buy your packs one after another or renew your plan three months in a row to get your Free Boost – if you have a gap we’ll pause counting and carry on as soon as you buy your next pack or renew your plan.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Re: Boost gone after 60 days

Hmm, when does a Boost become a Boost? When you "earn" it or when you "spend" it? 🙂

What I meant was I never made a choice about what type of extra stuff I wanted, and the opportunity to choose then expired after 60 days. EE don't make it clear in the text message that this will happen.

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

In my view it becomes a Boost when it is added to your allowances & therefore you can use it in anger. The process is (approx):

1. You earn the right to get a Boost by buying the requisite no. of Packs. This is what can be paused indefinately.
  2. You are offered the choice of which Boost you want. This offer expires after 60 days.
  3. You accept the offer & choose.
  4. On the next Pack the Boost is added.

I find it quite clear in the Help article What are EE Free Boosts? :

You have 60 days to choose your Free Boost

You have 60 days to choose your Free Boost. We’ll text you to tell you when you’re eligible again, so you don’t miss out.

Investigator

Yes, the 60 days is clear in the Help article. It's just not mentioned in the text message that EE sends at point 2 in your timeline. If you unknowingly let the offer expire and then read the Help to find out what has happened, it's a bit too late to be of, er, help.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions