by Stonybonytony
Explorer

Adding data sim to account

I want to add a sim from a modem to my account. When I add the number it says 

We now know this is a 4GEE WiFi number

(Yep... 4GEE WiFi is what we call mobile broadband)

To finish setting up your account:

• Grab your 4GEE WiFi device
  • Connect it to your tablet, phone or laptop

The help it offers doesn’t seem relevant, how can I connect my 4gee WiFi to my ipad and log into it? I am connected to it as I am using it to access the internet, I can log in to the router settings but these are just the settings for the router, there is no EE stuff in there. I can’t see how I can finish setting up the account and there seems to be no way I can add data to it otherwise. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Adding data sim to account

MyEE doesn't work for registering PAYG MBB devices. It stops at telling you to connect your device & login to it, but when you've done as instructed it doesn't have anywhere for you to say you've done it.

You may continue using your MBB but you just can't register it to MyEE.

Go to http://add-on.ee.co.uk/status from a device connected to the router will tell you your usage.

Go to http://add-on.ee.co.uk/purchase from a device connected to the router to buy data add-ons

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

MyEE doesn't work for registering PAYG MBB devices. It stops at telling you to connect your device & login to it, but when you've done as instructed it doesn't have anywhere for you to say you've done it.

You may continue using your MBB but you just can't register it to MyEE.

Go to http://add-on.ee.co.uk/status from a device connected to the router will tell you your usage.

Go to http://add-on.ee.co.uk/purchase from a device connected to the router to buy data add-ons

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

by Stonybonytony
Explorer

Thank you so much. You’d have thought it would take EE 5 minutes to add a page with this information on it instead of the nonsense message they provide. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance & it is now sorted.

Yes, I encountered this about 3+ years ago when I got an Osprey Mini & reported it to EE here but nowt's been done about it. My PAYG data SIM for it has since expired & I put a phone SIM into it. That I can register to MyEE.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions