by jaguar36 Contributor
Contributor

Activate pay as you go SIM

I got a 6GB pay as you go sim, and am trying to use it in my iPhone.  The phone reads the SIM card and I can load http://ee.co.uk . However I can't load any other sites.  I've tried going to add-on.ee.co.uk/status to activate it but that won't load.  

14 REPLIES 14
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Activate pay as you go SIM

@jaguar36 : PAYG SIMs should already be activated.

Does texting AL to 150 work & what does it report?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by jaguar36 Contributor
Contributor

It says my balance is zero and that I have no allocations left.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

That shows it's already activated.

Did it say you have/had a pack?

Where did you get this SIM? How much did you pay for it?

You sure you cant't get to http://add-on.ee.co.uk/status when not connected to WiFi?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by jaguar36 Contributor
Contributor

I got it off of Amazon here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/EE-PAYG-Triple-Card-Preloaded/

Reading some of the comments now it seems people do have a history of having difficulty getting these to work.

I tried http://add-on.ee.co.uk/status again and I get a 504 gateway timeout error using the SIM. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Can't find that Amazon page. You sure that's it in full?

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @jaguar36

Welcome to the community.

When did you get the SIM card?

Have you topped up since you got the SIM card?

Leanne 🙂

by jaguar36 Contributor
Contributor

I got the SIM card two weeks ago, I have not topped it up as it came with 6GB and I just put it in my phone yesterday.

by

Hi @jaguar36

Thanks for the quick reply.

What reply do you get if you text BALANCE to 150?

Also, did you pay for the SIM card?

Leanne.

by jaguar36 Contributor
Contributor

Yes I paid for it from Amazon.

Balance responds:

Your current balance on 19/06/19 is £0.00.You currently do not have any allowances left.

by

Thanks @jaguar36

If you give us a call we will be able to get this looked into further for you.

Thanks.

Leanne 🙂

by jaguar36 Contributor
Contributor

When I try to call it says that "We regret but your call could not be completed"

by

Could you try again this morning and let me know if you get through, @jaguar36?

Chris

by jaguar36 Contributor
Contributor

Was about to go to the Vodaphone store and get a SIM from them instead when I figured I would try add-on.ee.co.uk/status one more time.  Surprisingly it worked!  I was able to register and then activate the card.  It seems that the response I got from texting AL to 150 did not mean it was activated.  I did nothing differently, so it must have been on EEs end. 

It seems to be working perfectly now, but I will say this whole experience has left quite the bad taste in my mouth.

by

Thanks for confirming it works now @jaguar36.

I'm sure that now it's registered your future experience will be a lot more positive 🙂

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.