by garetbe Established Contributor
Established Contributor

£5 unlimited data SMS

I recently grabbed a pay as you go sim card to use in a device I have and I got the SMS to advise if I replied by 7th May I could get unlimited data, calls and SMS for £5. I have tried to reply to the message and it's not working so I called customer services to add it on and the CS guy could not help and said there was little or no way that he could do anything. He spoke to technical support 'Amanda' who he advises me gave the same response. How exactly do I add it on as when I reply with five to 150 it just sends me a list of commands that can be used on the service.

Also what difference there is in the service I get on my pay monthly account vs this pay as you go account! You have to pay 25p to get through to customer services only to get a really sub-standard service or to be told you can't really be helped and you have no real choice but to go away.

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: £5 unlimited data SMS

@garetbe   Have you tried texting 5 not five to 150. Customers services can not help to enable this as it’s a text only offer and they can not apply these offers. 

and calls to customer services from PAYG are chargeable because PAYG customers are not committed to a contract and so PAYG customer services need to make a profit. 

Established Contributor

I tried five, FIVE and 5 and it didn’t work.

Making a profit from customer service is utter rubbish. Pay as you go customer service should be free to call to the customer as EE are making their profits from customer spend on bundles and services in the same way it works for post-pay customers.

No one is calling up for a chat, they’re calling because there’s a issue, they need help and they shouldn’t be charged for that.

I had opened a complaint about the above and the terrible service and the CSA closed it down as resolved as soon as I was off the line even though there was no resolution. I called customer services (which would have resulted in another 25p charge) to ask why it was closed down and they couldn’t answer so I spoke to complaints who said it was ‘closed in error’

The issue is a no longer a problem as I transferred the line to my pay monthly account.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

CSA? EE's ADR is Ombudsman Services. Did you wait 8 weeks or get a deadlock letter from EE before contacting them?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Established Contributor

Customer Service Advisor

No response came with the initial complaint so I called the complaints team from the number on the website and spoke with them.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@garetbe   And as a PAYG customer you can move to another network when ever you like.  No commitment to the network so the PAYG customer services have to turn a profit as PAYG customer are not locked to a contract to pay a set amount each month.  Plus the fact most contract customers pay more each month then PAYG customers.  

Established Contributor

I’m not too interested in getting into a back and forth about this as I’m largely unaffected by it anymore. More so when you consider I made a complaint about it via my pay monthly  account and was given ‘compensation’ for the terrible service.

I’m pretty sure that your opinion is not right, unless you do work for them, if you do then shouldn’t you post from a staff account?

It won’t be about profit margins, it if was then they would apply a levy on all pay as you go customer bundles/tariffs, it’s more about contact avoidance and trying to dissuade customers from calling.

It’s a poor show for the ‘fastest network’ to charge people to speak with customer services when they have a problem with their service especially pay as you go customers.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.