Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

1 week pack does not allow free boosts to accumulate data over 450Mb per week.

I have a pay weekly contract, and have accumulated 450Mb extra data per week. About four weeks ago, I received a text from EE inviting me to BOOST 50Mb data or 10 minutes or 25 texts per week. I chose to boost the data by 50Mb which would mean that I would receive 500Mb extra data on top of the 100Mb data per week per the original contract. The BOOST did not work. I am still receiving just the 450Mb extra data instead of the requested 500Mb. I contacted customer service about this about two weeks ago, and was given 1Gb free to use for a fortnight and told the problem would be sorted out. The problem remains unresolved...

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: 1 week pack does not allow free boosts to accumulate data over 450Mb per wee

Ok thanks, @WheelerMiles

I'm not aware of a limitation like that. Could you check to see if you can add it in your My EE account?

Chris

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: 1 week pack does not allow free boosts to accumulate data over 450Mb per wee

@WheelerMiles : You have no contract but are on PAYG where you choose to buy a pack each week.

What exactly does texting AL to 150 from it report? Also BOOST to 150?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Hi thanks for the question.

The pack is weekly and automatically renews every seven days. The pack
provides as standard 100Mb data, 10 texts and 10 minutes to be available for
the week. After twelve or thirteen weeks EE send a message informing you
that you can choose to "Boost" data 50Mb or 25 texts or 10 minutes. I've had
the pack for quite a time and have accumulated 450Mb (=9 boosts of 50Mb),
but EE's system will not allow me to add another boost of 50Mb of data. Best
wishes WheelerMiles
Highlighted
by

Hi @WheelerMiles

Did you receive the message about adding a boost that you mentioned this time?

Chris

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Thankyou for your question. Yes, I did receive an invitation to Boost data, minutes or text. Perhaps this is a software problem where there is a limit of 9 boosts on data. Whatever the reason, I have not received the benefit of the 10th boost of 50Mb to make a total boost of 500Mb of data per week.

Highlighted
by
Solution

Ok thanks, @WheelerMiles

I'm not aware of a limitation like that. Could you check to see if you can add it in your My EE account?

Chris

View solution in original post

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Thank you very much for this question. Yes, I have looked at my account. Unfortunately, I don't keep account of all Boosts just the data, which interests me most. The website does not offer me a Boost at present, which is odd, because I have not received the 50Mb boost which I requested. However, the website shows that the last Boost I received was for 10 minutes of phone. I don't know whether this last boost is instead of the 50Mb requested, or is a boost I made in January, which is quite possible too. I need EE to provide the detail to answer the question. What I do know is that I have not received the 50Mb Boost which I requested about a month ago. I wonder whether you can arrange a detailed statement going back to the commencement of the pack please. Thanks

Highlighted
by

Sorry @WheelerMiles, we can't access your account via the community.

Our Customer Care team will be happy to check your boost history if you get in touch.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions