by simonjd1974 Investigator
Investigator

samsung galaxy watch not working with galaxy note 9

So i bought a Samsung Galaxy watch 3G/4G to go with my note 9. I already had the same watch but bluetooth version only - but got fed up with constantly going in and out of range.

So the new watch cost £20 upfront, then a contract of £18 per month.

Upon connecting the new watch to my phone, whenever someone called me they got the number unobtainable number. When i disconnected watch phone worked fine. Anyway, reported this to EE, got to Level 2, they couldnt help so a complaint log was opened. I was told EE would be contacting Samsung to look for a resolution.

So for the last 8 wednesdays i have received the standard text "the investigation is still ongoing, we will get in touch when we have any future updates" etc

This morning about 30 mins after receiving this weekly text i got another text to say that my complaint has been closed. So I called EE and was told that the complaint had been closed as neither EE or Samsung were able to provide a fix to the problem. Apparently a letter called a "deadlock" letter was sent to me stating same.

I was told by customer services that they would not release me from my contract and I had to contact the ombudsman !!!! Which i am not happy to do - I took a contract with EE and they havent been able to provide the service. I would expect a refund of money paid and also the 3 month charges to my account - plus even an amount of compo?

Anyone else having this problem..... i am not getting anywhere

4 REPLIES 4
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: samsung galaxy watch not working with galaxy note 9

Hi @simonjd1974.

Welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your watch.

Did you contact our Tech Gurus again to re-open the investigation?

Where did you take the watch out from?

Jon

by simonjd1974 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for reply

None of your tech gurus could help. None at Samsung could help. I am left with a watch that is no use to me whatsoever and EE are refusing to release me from my contract. 

I will be contacting the ombudsman to resolve. The worst thing is EE are still selling the watches - and there are 5000 people with this issue. Why is this?

This is a disgrace

@Jon_K wrote:

Hi @simonjd1974.

Welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your watch.

Did you contact our Tech Gurus again to re-open the investigation?

Where did you take the watch out from?

Jon

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @simonjd1974.

I've sent you a private message to get some more information from you.

Please take a look and get back to me.

Jon

by soundtrax Investigator
Investigator

Let us know please if you got the issue resolved. I have the Note 9 and no issues with conncetions etc. Hope you get it sorted.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions