by janwright
Explorer

pay as you go - getting a new phone

I currently have pay as you go with EE.  I need a new phone and would like pay as you go again but I can only find options to purchase a monthly plan.  My current pay as you go enables me to choose when to top up and by how much. Does this option still exist?

8 REPLIES
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: pay as you go - getting a new phone

https://shop.ee.co.uk/mobile-phones/pay-as-you-go/gallery?search=:best-sellers

Link above has all PAYG phones etc.

Brendon (Android Expert)
Samsung Galaxy S8+ (Oreo 8.0)
by
EE Employee

Hi and welcome to the community @janwright

You are also more than welcome to pop into your local EE store as you will be able to get hands-on with the phones before purchase.

Many thanks,

Lee

by janwright
Explorer

I would like no minimum top up

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@janwrightwrote:

I would like no minimum top up

In that case you are better off buying from places like Carphone Warehouse. At networks they always require you to purchase a minimum top op

Brendon (Android Expert)
by
EE Employee

Hi @janwright

The minimum top up is only when you first purchase the phone, after that you can top up when needed.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Lee_Hwrote:

Hi @janwright

The minimum top up is only when you first purchase the phone, after that you can top up when needed.

Many thanks,

Lee

@Lee_H I guess @janwright wants to use his current PAYG sim so doens't need a top up with sim etc.

Or can that top op be added to his current PAYG?

Brendon (Android Expert)
by
EE Employee

Hi @BrendonH

@janwright is certainly able to add any required top up to the current number.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You could buy outright any unlocked (not just SIM-Free) handset from anywhere & continue to use your existing EE PAYG SIM in it. If it is not of the right size EE will supply you with a replacement SIM (not just a new SIM) with the same no., credit & pack on it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 0207 362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.