Highlighted
by suziq Investigator
Investigator

music player in Xperia xa2 is not recognising files

i've done the xperia transfer several times and it says it's worked but no music in music player.  Photos, contacts etc all transferred fine from xperia x, also tried via laptop and pc companion but still no files.  i've put an album in one drive and the individual tracks play in there but not idea for having a library of music to play constantly or shuffle.  I had no problems with the xperia x with these music files. when I look in phone internal memory on laptop the albums show in 'music' but do not actually appear in the phone?  I'm at a loss??

5 REPLIES
by Legend
Legend

Re: music player in Xperia xa2 is not recognising files

Hi @suziq

You cannot be transferring the files across correctly. Try manually drag and dropping from file explorer. Also are you storing these music files on your phone or memory card?

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by suziq Investigator
Investigator

Thank you but I am transferring correctly, have done this several times on other phones and have tried multiple ways including dragging and dropping. It is internal memory as mentionex, even just 1 song is not appearing and it is not due to low memory.... Might it be file format? The exact same files transferred to my Xperia x no problem.

by eleiyas Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@suziq

I believe you might be correct in assuming file format.

are the files in the "music" folder on your android system? if so, have you tried using a different music player, such as AIMP?

(I'd recommend using AIMP as it's free and can play nearly any format)

by suziq Investigator
Investigator

eleiyas... Many thanks for your response. They show in the music folder when I check it connected via USB on laptop but not when open music directly on my phone.  I'll try AIMP thank you. It must definitely be the format on my laptop and previous phone as tried an album from oh's apple Mac and transferred over fine. 

by eleiyas Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@suziq

A lot of phones and mp3 players will not read VBR files; VBR is Variable Bit Rate.

anything downloaded from youtube using funky online converters is usually VBR.

if you're downloading from iTunes, I believe the files are .FLAC, which is the upgrade from MP3.

Some devices will not read .FLAC either (although rare nowadays). 

AIMP3 (the PC version of AIMP) also has a built in converter, so you can make sure everything is CBR (Constant Bit Rate) and you can also check what file format they are and whether they are CBR or VBR.

I hope this helps Smiley Happy

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.