by Krelm Investigator
Investigator

Where are the LTE antennas

As I read through the guide leaflets theremwas a section about using the 2 LTE ports with antennas for a signal boost. Nice I thought. But there were no antennas in the box. Where can I get them? And no I would rather not fork out a ton for an external antenna.

Just seems a waste not using them

5 REPLIES
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Where are the LTE antennas

Hello @Krelm

Welcome to the EE Community. Smiley Happy

I assume you're talking about a 4G Router? If you are, would you be able to confirm the make and model for the router?

by Krelm Investigator
Investigator

Thank you Smiley Happy

Model just says 4GEE Router. There are a bunch f numbers underneath but I'm afraid the size is so small I can't see them properly. If it helps the default ssid is 4GEE_Router_2830 2.4/5 ghz

by
EE Employee

Hi @Krelm and welcome to the community.

The only antenna we offer would be a fixed install type.

You would need to give us a call so we can run a series of diagnostics with you to ensure the antenna is fit for purpose and will improve the speed and consistency of the 4GEE Home Router If you're happy with these we will then arrange an engineer.

The engineer will verify the improvements and speeds with you before the installation takes place. If for any reason you do not want to progress with the installation, we will refund you £90 of the £100 installation fee (a £10 non-refundable charge is taken).

If you are unhappy with the installation for any reason we will de-install the antenna and make good free of charge.

If you have purchased the antenna within 14 days of signing up to an 18 month 4GEE Home contract, the returns period is increased by a further 14 days from the day of installation.

If you are not happy with the increase in performance we will refund the installation and allow you to cancel your contract outside of the 14 day returns policy.

If you are happy with this please get in contact with our dedicated antenna team on 0800 079 0131.

Hope this helps,

Lee

by Krelm Investigator
Investigator

Hi, thank you.

I had to re-arrange my room a bit but i get a constant 2 bars so i dont think i need an external antenna. But those LTE ports are there i don't see why they shouldn't be used that's all, even if it only provided a minor signal boost.

It kind of reminds me of the old days of TV's where if you didn't have an ariel you would just stuff one end of a long piece of cable in the slot and hang it out the window and you would get a decent signal, im sure some have done that back in the old days Smiley Happy 

Anyway, when you say external antenna im thinking like a big sky dish but re-reading the antenna part in the setup booklet they are referred to as external antenna. So these small antennas need an engineer it says then proceeds to give instructions on how to install them. Seems a bit odd that you would need an engineer for that. Well im rambling on, sorry Smiley Happy Thank you for your help. 

by
EE Employee

HI @Krelm

The engineer will talk you through the installation process including a site survey to demonstrate where the antenna should go and the increase in speed the antenna will provide.

The antenna proposition is not available for self-install as it requires a professional engineer with the right tools and training.

The antenna is discrete and about the same size as an A4 sheet of paper. The exact dimesons are height 9” & width 7.1”.

Many thanks,

Lee

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.