by helenkm Investigator
Investigator

What are the WAP settings for a Sonica 105?

Anyone know how to set up the WAP settings on a Sonica 105? The phone is apparently not supported by EE so I can't get the settings texted to me.

The fields required by the phone (and inputs I've tried) are:

Homepage: http://m.google.com
Data Account: choose from: CM WAP (cmwap), CM NET (cmnet), CHT GPRS (emome), TWN GPRS (mms), Vodafone_GPRS (portalnmms), Airtel Mobileoffice (airtelgprs.com), RELIANCE_GPRS (rcomwap), Vodafone_MMS (portalnmms), AIRTEL_MMS (airtelmms.com), RELIANCE_MMS (reliancemms). Have tried first two.
Connection Type: either HTTP (have tried with the IP address 149.254.201.135 and proxy port 8080) or WAP (have tried with the same IP address, and 'Security' set 'Off')
Username: eesecure

Password: secure

I've been using this help page to get me started, but it's not got this 'Data Account' field, so I'm struggling .. (https://www.teamknowhow.com/discover/discover/ee-apn-settings#Nokia feature phone APN settings for EE)

I think this 'Data Account'  field is the problem - seems like the phone has a limited list of networks here, with no obvious way to add more. The phone comes with WAP info for networks China Mobile, Vodafone, airtel and reliance, all of which have their own option in the Data Account field.

Anyone any ideas? I feel like it shouldn't be this hard ..

6 REPLIES
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: What are the WAP settings for a Sonica 105?

Have a read of THIS . They should apply generally to any phone on EE regardless of the OS.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 0207 362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @helenkm,

Thanks for joining the EE Community.

Did you manage get up and running using the settings @XRaySpeX kindly shared with you?

James

by helenkm Investigator
Investigator

Thanks @XRaySpeX and @James_B, but those instructions seem to be all for smartphones, or at least phones with lots more fields to fill in when it comes to setting the network profile. My problem is that this Sonica 105 phone doesn't have these same lists of fields, instead just the ones listed above.

I think the problem is this 'Data Account' field, which comes with a limited list of pre-set options to choose. Have you seen anything like this on other phones before? Any ideas if I can choose one belonging to another network that EE might have an arrangement with? Or even know what this field might be for?

These are the options I can choose from:
Data Account:      CM WAP (cmwap), CM NET (cmnet), CHT GPRS (emome), TWN GPRS (mms), Vodafone_GPRS (portalnmms), Airtel Mobileoffice (airtelgprs.com), RELIANCE_GPRS (rcomwap), Vodafone_MMS (portalnmms), AIRTEL_MMS (airtelmms.com), RELIANCE_MMS (reliancemms).

by

Hi @helenkm,

Does your phone show the same options if you put the EE SIM in the other SIM slot?

If it does, I would recommend contacting the manufacturer for support.

Thanks

James

by helenkm Investigator
Investigator

Hmm, doesn't seem to be a second SIM slot (despite advertised). Looks like I'm going to have to return it,

by

That's a shame @helenkm

Please let us know if you need help with anything else in the future.

James

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.