Highlighted
by Int3rceptor Investigator
Investigator

Upgrading Apple Watch

Hi all

I have an Apple Watch 3 linked to my main line.  I want to take advantage of an early upgrade which means I have to buy out my contract so I can get an Apple Watch 4.

I would the like to link the series 3 to my second line for my son to use with the series 4 being paired to my main line.

i understand I would need to pay £5 a month to keep the series 3 cellular running but after a rather abrupt call with an EE sales rep today  I was told I cannot do this as the esim in the s3 would be deactivated.

She was adamant that this would not work but I am still not clear as to why. Is the sales rep wrong??

if I’ve paid off the contract then surely I am free to do as I please with my old watch?

Am I missing something here?

Many thanks 

Anthony 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Upgrading Apple Watch

Hi @Int3rceptor

As long as your son has a pay monthly line and has a compatible phone (iPhone 6 or newer), you should be able to choose the £5 plan when pairing the Apple Watch to his number.

Let us know how you get on.

Chris 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Int3rceptor   You can do that you just set up the s3 from within the watch app on your sons phone.  

by Maestro
Maestro

Whilst your current eSIM in the series 3 Watch will be deactivated, as mentioned there’s nothing what so ever stopping you adding a new plan/eSIM to the Watch.

It’s just the same as swapping physical SIM cards.

No idea why EE would think otherwise?

by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Hi @Int3rceptor

As long as your son has a pay monthly line and has a compatible phone (iPhone 6 or newer), you should be able to choose the £5 plan when pairing the Apple Watch to his number.

Let us know how you get on.

Chris 🙂

by Int3rceptor Investigator
Investigator

Thank everyone for your advice.

i finally got through to someone who understood my requirement and have a new series 4 on the way.

thanks again

Anthony

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions