Highlighted
by Int3rceptor Investigator
Investigator

Upgrading Apple Watch

Hi all

I have an Apple Watch 3 linked to my main line.  I want to take advantage of an early upgrade which means I have to buy out my contract so I can get an Apple Watch 4.

I would the like to link the series 3 to my second line for my son to use with the series 4 being paired to my main line.

i understand I would need to pay £5 a month to keep the series 3 cellular running but after a rather abrupt call with an EE sales rep today  I was told I cannot do this as the esim in the s3 would be deactivated.

She was adamant that this would not work but I am still not clear as to why. Is the sales rep wrong??

if I’ve paid off the contract then surely I am free to do as I please with my old watch?

Am I missing something here?

Many thanks 

Anthony 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Upgrading Apple Watch

Hi @Int3rceptor

As long as your son has a pay monthly line and has a compatible phone (iPhone 6 or newer), you should be able to choose the £5 plan when pairing the Apple Watch to his number.

Let us know how you get on.

Chris 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Int3rceptor   You can do that you just set up the s3 from within the watch app on your sons phone.  

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Whilst your current eSIM in the series 3 Watch will be deactivated, as mentioned there’s nothing what so ever stopping you adding a new plan/eSIM to the Watch.

It’s just the same as swapping physical SIM cards.

No idea why EE would think otherwise?

by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Hi @Int3rceptor

As long as your son has a pay monthly line and has a compatible phone (iPhone 6 or newer), you should be able to choose the £5 plan when pairing the Apple Watch to his number.

Let us know how you get on.

Chris 🙂

by Int3rceptor Investigator
Investigator

Thank everyone for your advice.

i finally got through to someone who understood my requirement and have a new series 4 on the way.

thanks again

Anthony

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.