by Cornwallgnome
Visitor

Trying to add dara to an iPad remotely for someone very new to iPads

Hi

im trying to add data remotely to the iPad of a new iPad user.

i keep getting told that adding using the iPad phone number will work but it only adds credit which then is used to buy the data.

i need an option for direct data loading which I the remote user is unable to do.

At the moment creating an account is too difficult for them and I wondered if there was a way round creating an account for an iPad which doesn’t rely on response to a text from EE.

heres hoping someone knows

2 REPLIES
by
EE Employee

Re: Trying to add dara to an iPad remotely for someone very new to iPads

Hi @Cornwallgnome and welcome to the community.

If you are able to load the credit on to the device, soon as the user tries to access a website the will be directed to the http://add-on.ee.co.uk/purchase page and then can select the relevant bundle they need.

Hope this helps,

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Trying to add dara to an iPad remotely for someone very new to iPads

You can't add data to a device w/out being on the device itself or doing it thro' the MyEE corresponding to the device. There's no reason why you shouldn't create the MyEE for them. The only response needed is the verification email for the email addy being given, which could be anywhere.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 0207 362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC = 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.