Highlighted
by Lou2016a Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Transferring videos and photos from huawei tablet to pc

I have a huawei tablet and and everytime I switch it on I get a error message saying that the tablet is full.

Is there anyway of saving my photos to an SD card so I can put them on my pc without losing them.

Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Transferring videos and photos from huawei tablet to pc

Thanks! You're welcome Smiley Happy! Glad I could be of assistance & it is now sorted.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 0207 362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC = 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
16 REPLIES
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Can't you connect your tablet to the PC by USB & see its filestore in Windows/File Explorer, where you can move files to the PC's filestore?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 0207 362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC = 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Established Contributor

I have tried that with the USB cable but when I click on to view the dcim it doesn't seem to be working ?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Lou2016a

Could you try on a different laptop/PC? Just to see if this happens on more than one computer?

Chris

by Legend
Legend

Hi @Lou2016a

If you go into settings - storage it gives you the option to change your default storage from internal to memory card. 

Then:

Go into your apps and look for "files" this us your tablet file managing app. You can save to the Huawei cloud from here, but run clean up (three dots). 

Lastly when you say "it doesn't work" what do you mean? Are you receiving any error message? You should be able to drag the folder to your desktop (copying the files to your PC). Make sure you screen lock isn't active.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

If you can see the tablet's DCIM folder in your PC's Windows Explorer than you should be be able to see everything else & move files around. How is this not working?

Established Contributor

I've plugged the USB cable from my tablet to PC and clicked on the tablet icon.

However, when I look in the DCIM folder are no files in there but the pictures are showing on my tablet ?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Did not the DCIM folder contain a Camera folder where your photos will be stored?

If not, your tablet is storing them somewhere else. The Pictures folder? Have a poke around the folders you do see & you should see bits of your tablet.

Maybe you have the photos on the SD Card?

The USB connection is obviously working but you just haven't looked in the right place.

Established Contributor

There's no sd card in the tablet and now pc is not even showing the tablet icon now when i plug in the USB cable into my computer Smiley Sad

by

Hi @Lou2016a,

Have you thought about storing your pictures in the cloud?

Apps such as Google Photos will help you free up storage space on your tablet and you'll be able to access your pictures on all of your devices.

Hope this helps.

James

Established Contributor

I've tried adding to google drive but still getting the error message on my tablet saying 'storage almost full' and delete files.

by

Hi @Lou2016a,

Have you deleted your files from the device after uploading them to Drive?

Thanks

James

Established Contributor

Yes I have.

by

And you couldn't find them in any of your other folders, @Lou2016a?

Have you tried rebooting the tablet after deleting the files?

Chris

Established Contributor

After posting on here the other day, my tablet now has free space after transferring my videos and pictures to google drive.

Thanks to everyone that has replied.

by

Brill news, thanks for letting us know, @Lou2016a.

Just in time to fill it back up again with festive photos. Smiley Very Happy

Chris

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Thanks! You're welcome Smiley Happy! Glad I could be of assistance & it is now sorted.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.