by lindsay245 Investigator
Investigator

Tic Watch Pro lte 4g

Does anyone know if EE will be supporting the E-sim it this watch. Yes, I know it's on Vodafone but I'm 10 months away from contract end and don't really want to switch.

The watch does everything the Samsung Active 2 does and more, it works with non Samsung devices!

I just wonder if it's something EE will be supporting and when E-sims can be treated like normal sims and not be restricted to singular networks.

10 REPLIES 10
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Tic Watch Pro lte 4g

Hi @lindsay245

Welcome to the community. 🙂

We don't currently support eSIM on the Ticwatch Pro.

Chris

Investigator

Thanks @Christopher_G ,

Do you know if that stance is likely to change?

What's the difference technically between one eSim and another? Why are we seeing restrictions based on manufacturer?

cheers

Lindsay

by

Good Morning @lindsay245

Currently, at the moment we have the Samsung and Apple Watch available to pair to your account. 

You can find more information by visiting the EE Shop and keeping check of the 'Coming Soon' page if we look to stock this device it will show here first. 

Katie 🙂

by mcampster

I'm not convinced this won't work. eSim is device agnostic. So as long as EE support eSIM, then it should work in a Mobvoi watch/phone/tablet.

I'll confirm this very soon as I have this watch and I have ordered a new eSIM. The eSIM will come with the QR code which I will scan using the Mobvoi app on my phone. This will pair the phone to the eSIM and should then start ringing etc when my phone receives calls. 

Investigator

@mcampster 

Please let me know. I cannot see why it would not work but I wanted to use the "one number" feature and share from my current plan.

Looking around vodafone offer his and no cost on some of their plans. 

I formerly had a Samsung Smartwatch 2 but sent it back after if failed to work with my Pixel, despite both Samsung and Google telling me it was compatible.

How did you go about getting a new esim for your existing number?

cheers

Lindsay

by

Hi there @lindsay245

Thanks for coming back to the community,

I am sorry, we don't currently support eSIM on the Ticwatch Pro.

At the moment we support the Apple Watch and Samsung Watch, they would require a compatible device and the mobile device would need to be on a pay monthly or SIM only plan.

Thanks.

Leanne.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

At present this watch only supported by Vodaphone.   

Investigator

@mcampster  has summed this up perfectly in stating Esims are device agnostic. If EE have the ability to support an Apple Esim or a Samsung Esim then they should be able to support any. Lets not forget, an Esim is an Esim regardless of manufacturer, there are no different sizes, shapes or capacities, these are a global standard.

Forum moderators please don't just wheel out the company line,  go ask an techie.

Does anyone know which physical manufactures EE does not support....No thought not, you just plug in a sim and go. Esims were designed to be used just the same so why can you not support them? Is there a kickback from Apple or Samsung to only support their devices?

There is no reason why these cannot be supported.

by flux

I searched Google for an answer to this very question.

I can see EE support reps are giving politician answers. They haven't told us anything we don't know. I wonder why they bother replying at all. Perhaps it's something to do with an employment metric that counts replies.

Anyway rant over.

I actually cancelled my contract and moved to Vodafone for this watch.

Absolute NIGHTMARE.

Lukily I was in 14 day grace period and managed to get out. They couldn't correctly setup the watch with OneNumber in 2 weeks! I phoned 3 times and visited in store twice. All 5 attempts failed. I was assured it would work every time. They are absolutely the worst network around. And I'm a software developer so when I say this I'm not exaggerating or it's because of my own incompetence. They are genuinely hilariously bad.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@lindsay245   Doesn’t matter what sim is in the device the network doesn’t have to support it just because it’s an eSim.  

EE at present only support the Apple Watch and Samsung Galaxy watch.   So in other words EE doesn’t support any other watch that has an eSim so yes I do know what that don’t support.  Better to allow time to give someone a change to reply before you say “thought so”  

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions