by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: The new 4G Samsung Galaxy Watch - Pre-order yours today

@jalil_mehbub You got the words  I guarantee you get it etc etc.    

Being told you’ll get it is not a  guarantee as EE don’t know how many they’ll get in each shipment from Samsung. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Marrila  If there is no news about this then what do the community staff say on here.   As your no longer an  Explorer and are now a Established Contributor should I mock you for making more comments and ranking up your title ? as that’s al that is. 

How many watches Samsung ship to EE is beyond EEs control what model types Samsung send EE again is beyond EEs control.  This forum can not give you any answers about your order.   EE are sending out the watch’s when they come in, EE don’t know exactly when the model type you ordered will come in that can be allocated to you as EE don’t know what model types or how many of each model type they’ll get from Samsung on each shipment.   Your asking EE to give you something what do you what them to say ?  What ever EE say you’ll only says that’s not good enough and you want more information.   This is the same with all high demand devices that get released and it’s the same sort of “when will get my device” questions.   

You’ll get the watch when one can be allocated to you because your next in line to receive that model type.  

by Msavin Contributor
Contributor

I phoned about my order and was told there is some software issue with it not working without phone but that the delay should only be a few days 

by Garethjd Contributor
Contributor

Can someone from EE confirm its a software issue please,

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Garethjd  Why not ask Samsung as I find nothing on any site about any software issue. 

by Garethjd Contributor
Contributor

If you look above my post you'll see it on a website, which came from a EE rep, on the phone,  samsung say its an EE issue, which it is if its not talking to the network corectly, so not a samsung issue, issue lays with EE not doing their homework

by ChrisLUFC Contributor
Contributor

@Chris_B wrote:

@Garethjd  Why not ask Samsung as I find nothing on any site about any software issue. 

Why would Samsung confirm to a third party's customer what the issue is?

Screenshot_20181117-194236_Twitter.jpg

I get you're trying to be helpful, but you're coming across as though you're wearing rose tinted specs or are a mega EE fanboy!

by Grant84 Contributor
Contributor

Firstly I'm not bothered issues is issues and the watch will come BUT the lack of information from EE is poor, really poor for all the people saying it's samsung contact them, this is completely wrong you PAY EE we are customers of EE NOT samsung... if there is something wrong with the beef in your burger do you go to the counter in Mcd's or do you go to the cow in the field.

The contract and the only point of contact should be with retailer what samsung is doing/ not doing has nothing to do with the consumer from EE and EE need to provide more information.

by jalil_mehbub Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Screenshot_20181117-205616_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20181117-205635_Chrome.jpg

So this is EEs website. Dose this mean some people already received the Galaxy watch?

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@ChrisLUFC wrote:

@Chris_B wrote:

I get you're trying to be helpful, but you're coming across as though you're wearing rose tinted specs or are a mega EE fanboy!

That doesn't states Samsung is blaming EE. They are just stating you need to talk to them about your order.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by ChrisLUFC Contributor
Contributor

@BrendonH wrote:

@ChrisLUFC wrote:

@Chris_B wrote:

That doesn't states Samsung is blaming EE. They are just stating you need to talk to them about your order.

My point is why should anyone have to contact the actual manufacturer to get information about their order with EE, as suggested by Chris_B.

As per the reply from Samsung above; "We'd be unable to check order status for third party retailers".

Do you think they're suddenly going to shoulder all responsibility for the delay and the complete lack of information being provided by a third party to it's customers?

Just admit the whole point people are frustrated is due to the lack of updates from EE and stop blindly trying to defend them as though you're on the payroll!

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

No I'm just being realistic.

You are all stating you should receive compensation as if you lost money because off this.

Which you haven't. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@ChrisLUFC  No that’s not what I said or implied,   There was a comment about a software issue and that’s why there is a delay,  so my comment back was,  “why don’t you ask Samsung as I can not find anything on any website”    If your going to take what I said and spin it to suit you’re needs then please do it but it would be best not to do it when others can actually read what I originally put.   

At no time have a said ask Samsung about your EE order has this has nothing to do with Samsung as your ordering from EE.        

Please feel free to double check what I said. 

F1D5AC29-1B8E-4C15-8B20-63DE19548793.png

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@ChrisLUFC. What do you want EE to tell you ?  

No in fact please post the information that you want EE to tell you.   What would you want to know ?   How can EE inform you of your order on a public forum that has no account access.   What Can EE post that will answer any and all questions.   

Please post what you would like to hear from EE.   

by jalil_mehbub Established Contributor
Established Contributor

After all this time, why hasn't EE replied to anyone yet? Surely they work in the weekends don't they? Or they might be worried about the backlash that they will receive. Fortunately no one has really lost any money except for the £20 upfront, im sure you will get back. If you cancel it, But that's not the point. They gave me a expectation of 14 days or less thats what the EE sells rap said over the phone before i paid £20. Now they are wasting my time! Thats more then money. EE what's with the lack of communication and information? 

20181118_014418.jpgWaiting EE

Free Nintendo Switch why not your giving it out for free anyways or the headphones.   CHRISTMAS DEALS FROM EE

Highlighted
by ChrisLUFC Contributor
Contributor

@Chris_B wrote:

@ChrisLUFC  No that’s not what I said or implied,   There was a comment about a software issue and that’s why there is a delay,  so my comment back was,  “why don’t you ask Samsung as I can not find anything on any website”    If your going to take what I said and spin it to suit you’re needs then please do it but it would be best not to do it when others can actually read what I originally put.   

At no time have a said ask Samsung about your EE order has this has nothing to do with Samsung as your ordering from EE.        

Please feel free to double check what I said. 

F1D5AC29-1B8E-4C15-8B20-63DE19548793.png

My god there's no helping you. In your flippant defence of EE you clearly said "ask Samsung about the software issue" which is the 'apparent' reason for our order delays with EE.

In fact just for you I'll tweet Samsung and see what we get. 

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@jalil_mehbub wrote:

Free Nintendo Switch why not your giving it out for free anyways or the headphones.   CHRISTMAS DEALS FROM EE

Just for info. It won't be EE supplying the free Nintendo Switch for the particular phone you have to buy to receive one. It will be subsidised.

You haven't bought a device which comes with free £100+ headphones so I still don't know why you keep thinking you should receive one.

by Grant84 Contributor
Contributor

To the answer the question what do you want EE to say?

Hi, guys firstly sorry for the delay with your orders, we are having problems with software for the 4G on the watches  (that's just for exsample).

Our software engineers are working hard to fix this problem and we expect the problem to be fix on 20th November and shipping to start on the 22nd November, should any of this change you'll be the first to know.

Thanks 

EE

This would have put me and ease to be honest.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

But EE doesn't make the phone or the software.

It is run by Tizen which is a Samsung product.

EE is not allowed to alter it like they can with Android.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@ChrisLUFC So by me asking what you’ll like to hear you reply with an attack on me.  That’s really grown up of you isn’t.  Congratulations you’ve just summed up the mentality of people who ordered this product.  Why should the EE staff want to reply to customer like you.    You can not even answer a simple question,  

Don’t bother now by the way you missed the chance. 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.