by Andrethegiant Investigator
Investigator

Re: The new 4G Samsung Galaxy Watch - Pre-order yours today

It's looking like next week now at the earliest.

by Andyb1978 Investigator
Investigator

All we want is to told the truth on whats going on and an official date on when we will start seeing our orders!

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@ChrisLUFC wrote:

BrendonH, you're right with what you say about the upfront fee.

However, the reason people are so annoyed is due to the lack of clarity or updates around delivery. If you look back through this and other threads, customers are being told varying timescales and the order tracking still says 'On track' despite there being a delay... Not exactly great customer care.

Thing is @ChrisLUFC

EE will have no reason to just keep hold of devices and not ship them out. This is due to Samsung not keeping up with the orders/demand.

EE is most likely working hard in the background trying to fullfil these. But they most likely only know as much as you do.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the STAR/SOLUTION buttons below
by ChrisLUFC Contributor
Contributor

BrandonH. If you honestly believe EE don't know when the devices are available then you're a complete fool. 

All myself and others are asking for is a bit of clarity.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@ChrisLUFC wrote:

BrandonH. If you honestly believe EE don't know when the devices are available then you're a complete fool. 

All myself and others are asking for is a bit of clarity.

You can call me what you want But at least get my name right. It's even written in front of you.

Why would EE know what Samsung are doing? 

They could be there right now moaning at Samsung for not shipping them. They may not know. EE doesn't make these watches they relying on Samsung to fulfil the orders.

I myself haven't pre ordered no but I am getting one from store once they are released and have enough stock.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the STAR/SOLUTION buttons below
by Garethjd Contributor
Contributor

To be honest, if its late, its late, im not overly bothered, and as for being charged, meh, if you not charged this month its a month on the end of the contract, so your paying the same, by then it'll be old hat and a newer one will be out anyway so who cares, i just want to know when to be in for delivery, cant have this then a dpd episode, as they are terrible at the best of times 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Garethjd EE should inform you the day before and DPD will text you (usually before 11am) on the day of delivery with a time slot. 

by Garethjd Contributor
Contributor

@Chris_B

You must have the best boss in the world mate, mine probably won't be so understanding when i ring him up giving less than a days notice about the at least half day ill be taking off to wait in for a gadget.. i ordered mine on a Saturday, as it was 14 days delivery, which makes it another Saturday

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Garethjd  No I told him I’m popping home as I’ve got to be there for a delivery once I got the DPD text.   And I wouldn’t say the best boss but he’s alright.  It also does help that I’ve been at business for almost 18 years.  

by duduboy Contributor
Contributor

As the overall boss to all of ya, I will summarise that all these chitty chatter would have been unnecessary if EE had been upfront with a revised delivery date. Some of the folks here are missing the tingle of a new tech being delivered...oh the blissful unboxing ...

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@duduboy  If Samsung has delivered enough devices for EE to give to everyone that preordered that would of been even better, but unfortunately EE didn’t receive anything like they needed from Samsung so some will have to wait longer.  Not point in blaming the network when it’s Samsung who make the device and supply the networks. 

And just to add add once more a pre order is not a guarantee of receiving a device on launch date. 

Highlighted
by aaron7 Investigator
Investigator

I've just received a new text telling me :

"Good news Aaron, your order is coming soon".  Still showing as Awaiting confermation on the web link though.

I ordered 1st Nov.

by Andrethegiant Investigator
Investigator

I just received a text saying my order will be delivered soon but when i track it, it says "sorry we can't show your order details at the moment ".

by steph-n1986 Contributor
Contributor

I've just got a text saying sorry your order is delayed but will be with you soon as possible DPD will message you when it's on its way to you.

by Grant84 Contributor
Contributor

Can anyone from EE confirm that they have the watches in stock now then? Surly that's not to much to ask

by oggbell Investigator
Investigator

I got a texts saying your order is on track yet when I phoned up I get the same all story that I will get it with in 14 days of ordering. When I ask If the were in stock i was told the don't know as the will be coming from their warehouse 

@Grant84 wrote:

Can anyone from EE confirm that they have the watches in stock now then? Surly that's not to much to ask

by chrisdl Contributor
Contributor

juat got sent this today. the text people have been saying they have gotten: Hi from EE. We are very sorry to let you know that delivery of your Samsung Galaxy Watch 4G will be delayed. We're working hard with Samsung to resolve this and because you pre-ordered, you'll still be the first to get your watch. DPD will text you when it's on its way.

by duduboy Contributor
Contributor

Apparently in all these, EE does not have stock and noone knows when they will.

Hopefully they will start shipping next week

by Garethjd Contributor
Contributor

Starting to wonder if its a software issue rather than them not having the stock, all this working with Samsung lark they keep spouting 

by Grant84 Contributor
Contributor

Mine has just changed from pre order confirmed to on track!!! Hopefully that means it's on route 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.