Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

The new 4G Samsung Galaxy Watch - buy yours today

Galaxy Watch 4G

The new 4G-connected Samsung Galaxy Watch is available to buy now exclusively on EE – letting you connect to our fast 4G network without having to use your phone.

It’s available in two sizes. The 46mm watch comes in Silver, while the 42mm watch comes in Rose Gold and Midnight Black.

Sasmsung Watch .pngSamsung Galaxy Watch 4G

Why should I buy a 4G-connected smartwatch?

With 4G connectivity, the Galaxy Watch lets you leave home without your phone while still keeping you connected.

A quick glance at your smartwatch will keep you up to date with your messages, notifications, diary appointments, news updates and much more. Plus, you can make and receive calls right from your wrist.

You can even listen to your Spotify playlists while you’re out jogging or shopping. All you need is a pair of wireless headphones and a premium Spotify account*. 

Is the Galaxy Watch good for fitness?

Carrying a phone while lifting weights, jogging through the park or doing yoga isn’t ideal. With the Galaxy Watch all your steps, exercise and activity is automatically tracked. There’s even tracking for specific sports such as hiking and swimming – yep, you can take it in the pool with you or wear it in the shower**.

Everything syncs seamlessly too, so if you use the Samsung Health app on your smartphone, all your information – heart rate, steps, calories burned – will be there.

Can I use my Galaxy Watch to pay for things?

With the 4G-connected Galaxy Watch you can pay for everyday items with a tap of your wrist and without your phone.

With Samsung Pay on board, simply register your payment cards with the app and tap your watch against most card readers (some older card readers – like the ones sometimes found in petrol stations – may not work). It’s quick, secure, and saves you from having to rummage around for loose change at the checkout.

What else can my Samsung smartwatch do?

If the winter weather has you feeling frozen, at least you can now come home to a warm and cosy home. The Galaxy Watch connects seamlessly to smart home devices such as Nest and Hive smart thermometers and Philips WiFi-connected light bulbs.

Turn the heating up and turn lights off straight from your Galaxy Watch. Even when you’re away from your house you can control your home.

What phones can I use with the Galaxy watch?

You can use the new 4G Samsung Galaxy watch with the following phones:

Galaxy A3 (2017)

Galaxy A5 (2017)

Galaxy A6 (2018)

Galaxy A8 (2018)

Galaxy J3 (2017)

Galaxy J5 (2017)

Galaxy J6 (2018)

Galaxy Xcover4

Galaxy S7, S7 Edge, S8, S8 +

Galaxy S9, S9 +

Galaxy Note 8

Galaxy Note 9

Buy your Galaxy Watch now

*Pre-installation of the Spotify app required
**Galaxy Watch has ISO 22810:2010 certification for 5 ATM rating of 50 meters (165 feet) under specific conditions. This means that both devices are safe to wear while walking in the rain or showering, and may be used for shallow-water activities like swimming in a pool or ocean. However, the Galaxy Watch should not be used for scuba diving, water-skiing, or other activities involving high-velocity water or submersion below shallow depth.
† Available with participating networks, banks and merchants on selected devices, on NFC terminals. A limit of £30 may apply, based on merchant policies. Corporate cards currently not in scope

339 REPLIES
by Lulie
Explorer

Re: The new 4G Samsung Galaxy Watch - Pre-order yours today

What happens after the 24 months? Do you have to pay £20 a month for another 24 months or can you not pay and then it will be the same watch just without 4G? If you decide not to renew the contract can you opt back in again at anytime? 

Thanks x

by

Hi @Lulie,

Thanks for visiting the EE Community.

At the end of your contract our customer service team will be able to let you know which plans and offers are available for your watch at that time.

If you chose to cancel your plan, your watch would only lose its 4G connectivity.

James

by Lulie
Explorer

Hi @James_B,

Thank you that's very helpful! 

If you choose to cancel your plan after the 24 months can you opt back in at anytime in the future with another plan? 

by

Hi @Lulie,

Sorry, I don't know what options will be available in 24 months time. If we do offer a standalone plan, you will be able to opt back in at any time.

Hope this helps. Smiley Happy

James

by Ajduke Investigator
Investigator

Hello,

Why do I need a compatible "Samsung" phone? The phone is compatible with all modern Android phones. I have an android Huawei P20 Pro with EE, is that not compatible when using an EE SIM? If so, I'm better of going else where to get the watch.

by

Hi there @Ajduke

You can use the new 4G Samsung Galaxy watch with the following phones:

• Galaxy A3 (2017)
  • Galaxy A5 (2017)
  • Galaxy A6 (2018)
  • Galaxy A8 (2018)
  • Galaxy J3 (2017)
  • Galaxy J5 (2017)
  • Galaxy J6 (2018)
  • Galaxy Xcover4
  • Galaxy S7, S7 Edge, S8, S8 +
  • Galaxy S9, S9 +
  • Galaxy Note 8
  • Galaxy Note 9

Sorry the Huawei would not be compatible with the 4G Samsung Watch

Thanks, Leanne.

by Ajduke Investigator
Investigator

Couple you please why it is not compatible. I have talked to Samsung and the Galaxy Watch is compatible with all modern android phones, Huawei included.
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

If Samsung end up selling these on their website (currently they are not) are there plans for just the connectivity? 

Brendon (Android Expert)
Samsung Galaxy S8+ (Oreo 8.0)
by Ajduke Investigator
Investigator

I have again spoken with Samsung directly. They inform me that the galaxy watch LTE IS compatible with all android phones with 5.0 or higher. 

Why are you stipulating that it is only compatible with Samsung phones? Is it because of minute and data sharing? This is done via the SIM independently or via Bluetooth near the phone.

Screenshot_20181102-120039.jpg

by Tj83
Visitor

Hi, I am currently with BT for my mobile. As EE and BT are the same company and use the same network could I use the galaxy watch 4g?

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Tj83 wrote:

Hi, I am currently with BT for my mobile. As EE and BT are the same company and use the same network could I use the galaxy watch 4g?

No.

EE and BT are not the same company. BT only owns EE they have no plans to merge them.

Brendon (Android Expert)
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Is the 4G watch not available with the 10% off an additional line.   Pretty sure the Apple watch is so why not Samsung Watch.

Brendon (Android Expert)
by

Hi there @Ajduke

The list of compatible devices has come directly from Samsung’s engineering team, who designed the watch.

The information given by a member of the Samsung support team is incorrect, and we’ve asked Samsung to confirm why support are giving out the wrong information. It could be they are quoting the compatibility with the Bluetooth version (also sold by EE) by mistake, as this can support other Android devices.

Samsung can only currently guarantee support on the list provided in the post. Once more become available we will update the list.

Thanks, Leanne.

by Beany96 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@BrendonH The Apple Watch is not included as a additional device meaning they won’t give you 10% off confusing I know 

by chrisdl Contributor
Contributor

Pre-orderd the new watch, dispatch is within 14 days, is this correct? just no release date can be found anywhere and not sure to go by this? 

by Marrila Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@chrisdl wrote:

Pre-orderd the new watch, dispatch is within 14 days, is this correct? just no release date can be found anywhere and not sure to go by this? 

I also pre ordered the 42mm watch 02/11 the status still shows as pre order confirmed and ee are still quoting shipping 14 days from order so I'm expecting shipment by 16th .  Unfortunately it is out of EE control and depends on Samsung supplying them. I would take any quoted dates with a pinch of salt  

by Marrila Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Morning EE 

Any update on when you expect the watch to start shipping? 

I spoke to Samsung online chat yesterday regarding a seperate issue with my Note 9 and enquired if they had any info on shipping as they are advertising only on EE.

They advised me the devices were with EE and i should enquire directly with yourselves. 

Just wanted to know if the original 14 day from pre-order (2nd november) is still likely or if you think this date will slip? 

Thanks 

by craigtyrie
Visitor

Hi,

Do you know when these will start to be despatched?

Thanks,

Craig

by chrisdl Contributor
Contributor

just says 14 days within purchase, another person says ee have them in stock so should roll out soon

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.