by hoppywan
Explorer

Signal Booster Box USC3331 Spec

Hi,

A friend of mine has one of these and is experincing issuies ,

Can anyone tell me what the min upload/download sppeds requred to get this unit to work poroperly?

He has no info - or indeed what i'm talking about

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Signal Booster Box USC3331 Spec

Hi @hoppywan

As per EE guide:

It’ll work no matter which broadband provider you use. But you'll need a minimum fixed broadband download speed of 512kbps and an upload speed of 256kbps.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Employee

Hi @hoppywan and welcome to the community.

Has your friend spoke to customer services and registered the device with ourselves.

Do you know if he received it directly or has bought it second hand?

Many thanks,

Lee

by hoppywan
Explorer

its his and he registered it. The problem - i think is that the internet speed is far to low at 352kpbs yes

by
EE Employee

Hi @hoppywan

That does sound like what could be causing your friend issues.

I would get him to ring customer services just so they can run a few tests to rule out any problems.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Who's his ISP? Can you get hold of his router stats? That down speed is so low that it is likely he is being banded due to a fault on his BB line which needs fixing.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.