cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Saving sent texts on Doro 5030

shirleyladyjane
Investigator
Investigator

My Doro 5030 will not save 'sent' texts. I have selected setting of "Phone"  for both phonebook and messages storage. Because it will not save sent texts I have no record of what was sent to whom. EE chat line has just suggested doing the very setting I have.

I do not know what to do next, except buy a different phone!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Do I put the solution here? I hope so.

A young woman, Anita, took me into Settings, down to Messages. OK. Down to Delete. OK and then down to Delete All. OK.

This was scary, not knowing what I might be deleting. However, the SIM now registers 0% although the Phone, to which I am supposed to be saving Messages etc, still says 93%. It is not clear whether this is 93% empty  - or full! I did not think to answer in time.

I have not received any messages yet to test it. Thanks to all concerned, and as they say,  "a steep learning curve" for one old girl!

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@shirleyladyjane : For sending texts, check your phone's SMS/Messaging app has the Message Centre no. setting for EE as +447958879879.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
shirleyladyjane
Investigator
Investigator

I hope this is a reply. thank you for your help but I have checked and that number is alrady set on my phone. Noen the wiser, but thanks

shirleyladyjane
Investigator
Investigator

tismay be s duplicate. I have never used this system before. thanks for your help but this number is already set on my phone, so I am none the wiser. Thanks anyway

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @shirleyladyjane

Welcome to the community. 🙂

Are the other people receiving the messages from you?

Chris

I spent the whole morning on a chat with EE and nothing was resolved. I was told the problem was my SIM was 100% full and Phone' setting 92% full which meant there is no room to save my sent messages. They could not find out what's to do about this.  Without them being saved I cannot remember what  I have sent to whom. EE suggest I take it up with the manuafacturer! My contract is with EE not Doro, and legally it is their responsibility.

Soon as we can get out, I shall get another phone, but NOT EE! Really annoyed.

.not that I know of. I have never used one of these help lines before.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

I'm sorry to hear that it hasn't been resolved, @shirleyladyjane.

The Doro 5030 does not take a memory card, so the only way to free up some memory on the phone is by deleting information. This is the way the phone was manufactured, so it's hard for us to recommend anything else.

Let us know if the sent messages start showing after you've tried that.

Chris

The only 'information' I can remove is addresses which might be less essential? I am not keeping any other data such as incoming messages, call log or anything? What else can I possibly remove? The SIM is recorded 100% and I presume this means 100% full? With what? Operating data? 

I have not added any addresses since the 'sent'  file worked properly. The EE operative took me through every possible settings and then threw in the sponge.

Incidentally I did remove some less essential addresses. Should this be necessary?