by Doug69
Explorer

Samsung galaxy 4g watch

I received the galaxy 4G watch just before new year. I could not get it to stand alone on 4G. I visited the local EE shop today and was told that I was one if a number of people who is not able to get the 4G on it until at least the 7th of January as Samsung are doing an update. Dissapointed to say the least, he anyone else had the same problem?

4 REPLIES 4
by c7aig Investigator
Investigator

Re: Samsung galaxy 4g watch

Hi,

There's a few pages here: https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Other-phones-gadgets-tablets-and/4g-Galaxy-Watch-Issues/m-p/735649

I don't think anyone has been told when the update is being released so that's interesting.

Craig

by Doug69
Explorer

Thanks,

The chap in the shop was very apologetic. I did ask why are they selling them if it's a known problem...shrug of the shoulders. If not updated on the 7th I will return and cancel the contract.

by rio53 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I have had my galaxy watch 46mm for over a week now. Despite numerous calls to EE and being passed up to level 2 then to DST? my watch is still unable to connect to the service. I bought my contract out from vodafone because I needed a watch I could use without my phone. I may as well have saved myself the money and stayed with vodafone and bought a bluetooth one outriight since this is the only thing this equipment is good for! I have been passed from pillar to post, the last call was unable to solve the problem and was told it would be 72 hours to get a call. That time has passed so I called again only to be told that it is 5 working days. Keep getting fobbed off with excuses. Where did that 5 working days come from? I asked to be put through directly to dt , or whatever it is they call it, to be told they only do outgoing calls, so I asked for them to ring me......that is outgoing...right? to be told they cannot pass that message because level 2 has already passed it on to Dt? absolute shambles, selling products that do not work. Absultely disgusted! Anyone rthinking of buying one of these and committing to 2 years contarct, think again, I have regretted it.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @rio53,

I have replied to you on the other thread you posted in 🙂

If you can check you private messages and get back to me.

Alex

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.