by charleem Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Samsung Galaxy Watch 4G Issues - over 5,000 affected.

Sorry if this is a duplicate post, but I can't find the one I tried to start anywhere.

I'm amazed that there isn't more about these issues.

I have a Galaxy Watch 4G and I'm using it with a Note 9 purchased direct from Samsung.

Originally it was working fine, then there was an update, since then when the watch is in standalone mode, no one can call me.  If I leave without my phone and the watch switches over to 4G, when anyone on a mobile phone calls me they're immediately cut off, if someone calls me from a landline they get the network busy tone.  Calls from mobile phones show as a missed call on my mobile.

As well as being unable to receive calls when the watch is connected to 4G, I'm also unable to dial out from the watch.  I can still send text messages as long as the phone is connected to wifi or mobile data.

I've spoken to 2nd line tech support and they've said that there's currently over 5000 customers with this same issue, the last update Samsung released has caused this issue and they're working on it as a priority.  There's currently no information as to when this will be fixed.

8 REPLIES 8
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch 4G Issues - over 5,000 affected.

@charleem level 2 will of escalated the issue & EE will be working with Samsung to resolve the issue asap.

Valued Contributor

Thanks, but I wasn't asking for help, just wondering how many other people on here were affected by the issues.

It's currently as high as it's going to get with 2nd/3rd line and the device team in association with Samsung.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@charleem  You know the answer to the question you've just asked.. was you not told apparently it was about 5000 customers,  

Valued Contributor

I don't recall asking a question.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

I do!

@charleem wrote:

just wondering how many other people on here were affected by the issues.

Isn't that a Q? Your mind will never know unless you get replies from here.

However what does it matter how many here, a small sample of all EE users, have been affected when you have been told by CS there are over 5K overall?

Surely your mind has more profitable matters to wonder about?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Valued Contributor

You know, I don't usually bother with online forums. This is exactly why. 

It wouldn't matter what I'd posted about, you can guarantee that the regularly posting illiterati,  who have nothing better to do will hijack the post with absolutely nothing to offer in regards to the subject. 

by Marrila Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@charleem wrote:

You know, I don't usually bother with online forums. This is exactly why. 

It wouldn't matter what I'd posted about, you can guarantee that the regularly posting illiterati,  who have nothing better to do will hijack the post with absolutely nothing to offer in regards to the subject. 

Unfortunately @charleem 

although EE encourage open discussions on their forums, you tend to find lots of jumped up post's from 'grand masters' who seem to hate any negative user discussions and do there best to defend EE no matter what. 

Fortunately there are other forums you can google where you can find work arounds to issue's, until EE release an update. 

by schrodinger56 Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Could you direct those of us affected to those forums as not all of us are technically inclined to searching for them.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.