Make your house a smart home - with help from EE
by Mondayblues Investigator
Investigator

S8 in basket but I cant add gear s3 as premium accessory, only gear sport. Why?

Hi folks 

As title really. On website, I cant add s3 as a premium add to plan accessory, only the gear sport.

Also, cant add either if I select pixel 2 as my phone. 

Seems a bit of an oversight?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Investigator
Solution

Re: S8 in basket but I cant add gear s3 as premium accessory, only gear sport. W

The gear s3 is not an option as an add to tariff item on any Samsung handset either, I have checked............

The gear S3 classic is, however, freely available to buy at full RRP from the accessories section and shown as being in stock. But that defeats the object. It is not available as an add to tariff wearable even though the EE website claims it should be.

Thank you for the responses, I appreciate your input but unless the gear s3 classic becomes available via the EE website as an add to tariff wearable (as advertised), I will not be using EE for my next phone contract. My suggestion would be for EE to make sure its website does what it says on the tin. Dont advertise things you are unable to deliver.

Of course I am just one person who is dissatisfied in a sea of, perhaps, many thousands of others who are OK with how the EE website works. As such, I dont expect anyone from EE actually cares if im happy or not. C'est la vie. Smiley Happy

I will take my business elsewhere because the add to tariff option is the only reason to choose EE. If I have got to pay full RRP upfront for the gear s3 classic then I will do but I will buy it direct. On that basis I would only need a pay monthly contract on a phone from EE. The cost (per month) for handsets on EE tarrifs are just not competetive enough to choose them over other providers. So it is very much a deal breaker for me. 

Kind regards

Mondayblues

5 REPLIES
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: S8 in basket but I cant add gear s3 as premium accessory, only gear sport. W

Hi and welcome to the community @Mondayblues

I would recommend speaking to our sales team to look into this further as it may be an error with the website at the moment.

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Thanks for the reply, however I do not feel I should have to chase your customer service team by phone to place an order or get an answer to my question. If there is a fault with the website perhaps escalate things your end and fix it? Seems like EE do not have a satisfactory answer as you are the second EE representative via two different online contact mediums to fob me off with "give us a call". 

No thank you. Too much opportunity for the sales person to mess up my order. If I wanted to order by phone I would have done so in the first place.

Not to worry, I will look elsewhere.

by

Hi @Mondayblues

I understand your frustration with this issue but our sales team will be able to process the order correctly for you.

It could also be down to stock levels as to why you are not being presented with this option.

You are only able to add the gear watch to compatible Samsungs that is why it is not showing when you select the Pixel 2.

Many thanks,

Lee

Highlighted
Investigator
Solution

The gear s3 is not an option as an add to tariff item on any Samsung handset either, I have checked............

The gear S3 classic is, however, freely available to buy at full RRP from the accessories section and shown as being in stock. But that defeats the object. It is not available as an add to tariff wearable even though the EE website claims it should be.

Thank you for the responses, I appreciate your input but unless the gear s3 classic becomes available via the EE website as an add to tariff wearable (as advertised), I will not be using EE for my next phone contract. My suggestion would be for EE to make sure its website does what it says on the tin. Dont advertise things you are unable to deliver.

Of course I am just one person who is dissatisfied in a sea of, perhaps, many thousands of others who are OK with how the EE website works. As such, I dont expect anyone from EE actually cares if im happy or not. C'est la vie. Smiley Happy

I will take my business elsewhere because the add to tariff option is the only reason to choose EE. If I have got to pay full RRP upfront for the gear s3 classic then I will do but I will buy it direct. On that basis I would only need a pay monthly contract on a phone from EE. The cost (per month) for handsets on EE tarrifs are just not competetive enough to choose them over other providers. So it is very much a deal breaker for me. 

Kind regards

Mondayblues

by

Good Morning @Mondayblues

I've had a look into this myself and the Samsung Gear S3 Classic is showing on our add to plan Help page as an option for add to plan accessories.

I've tried to do this with numerous devices through the shopping basket and see exactly what you mean. The Samsung Gear Sport appears, but, the Classic does not.

I have fed this back to our online shop team to investigate.

In the interest of you finding a speedy resolution to this, as @Lee_H said, our sales team are in a position to get this sorted for you, if you chance your mind and would like to speak to them.

You can call on 0800 956 6000.

Thank you.

Chris

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.