Highlighted
by Rorysayshi Investigator
Investigator

Question on Data for the Galaxy watch 42MM

Hi

I just added the Galaxy watch onto my plan as an extra, have had some trouble as with others here getting the 4g LTE set up on the watch. 
I've finally got it connected but had a question 

Now that its connected, if I turn off bluetooth I can still brows the web or use things that rely on mobile network, however I wanted to check, If the watch is connected through the bluetooth on the phone, will it burn data from my phone, or use the data on the watches plan?

Tried looking for info elsewhere but cant really find anything.

The watch comes with unlimited data and my phone doesn't. Wasnt sure and it might be a stupid question but I dont mind being stupid if it means I get an answer haha!

Thanks in advance.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Marrila Established Contributor
Established Contributor
Solution

Re: Question on Data for the Galaxy watch 42MM

@Rorysayshi wrote:

Hi

I just added the Galaxy watch onto my plan as an extra, have had some trouble as with others here getting the 4g LTE set up on the watch. 

Now that its connected, if I turn off bluetooth I can still brows the web or use things that rely on mobile network, however I wanted to check, If the watch is connected through the bluetooth on the phone, will it burn data from my phone, or use the data on the watches plan?

The watch comes with unlimited data and my phone doesn't. Wasnt sure and it might be a stupid question but I dont mind being stupid if it means I get an answer haha!

Thanks in advance.

The watch only uses its own data if you set data to always on! If you set it as auto your watch will only use its own data when it is NOT connected via bluetooth. 

Dont make this mistake 

4 REPLIES
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Rorysayshi  The watch should be using its own connection for data,  Bluetooth is used just to push notifications from the phone to the watch or the watch to control parts of the phone. 

by Marrila Established Contributor
Established Contributor
Solution

@Rorysayshi wrote:

Hi

Thanks in advance.

The watch only uses its own data if you set data to always on! If you set it as auto your watch will only use its own data when it is NOT connected via bluetooth. 

Dont make this mistake 

Investigator

Thank you!

Investigator

Thank you!

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.