cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Pixel stand no longer charges wirelessly.

Hip_Hop_Rob
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I have had a pixel stand that has unilaterally stopped charging wirelessly since last night- No previous issues but now no orange light and no  charging.  Checked Google site and it recommended putting stand  on to forget under pairing and to pair the stand again but no joy.  Stand has sat by bedside and has not moved since receiving from EE.

it  is still under warranty  and has not been subject to any impact or drops as has never been moved.   Charging Cable works independently of stand. Very strange.

Please can you advise if I need to contact Google or EE that supplied stand to cover warranty claim please.

Many thanks.

Robert

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Sounds like it's a new device that they've sent you then, @Hip_Hop_Rob.

I'm sure Google will be able to let you know the warranty period once you have the serial number of the new device on Monday.

Chris 🙂

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
mdc1983uk
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Hip_Hop_RobIf warranty you contact Google. If new you could return to EE as faulty within 30 days.

Hip_Hop_Rob
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Contacted Google as got stand November 2018 and comes with 2 years warranty but box giving serial number in one of 60  packing boxes (was moving house) so not available but had chat box confirming stand was being supplied by EE in Nov 2018 but Google couldn't help   took 50 minutes though to inform me of this.  Called EE they are supplying replacement Monday.  Thank you EE for not turning a drama in to a crisis.  Look forward to continuing our relationship once upgrade in Sept arrives have been with EE  since one2one days!

Goggle support =0

EE Support = 10

Christopher_G

I'm glad to hear we managed to get you sorted, @Hip_Hop_Rob 🙂

Chris

Hip_Hop_Rob
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Thank you Chris.  Am I correct that replacement stand will have fresh  2 year warranty or would it be just the residue of original to November 2020?

Christopher_G

Did you originally but it outright as an accessory from EE or an add to plan product (spread the cost on your monthly bills), @Hip_Hop_Rob?

Chris

Hip_Hop_Rob
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

It was supplied as compensation because of ongoing issues delivering pixel xl3 upgrade that was delayed extensively.  My understanding as a new unit with new serial Google would honour the 2 year warranty provided  I could provide serial number, Don't see why that would differ?

Christopher_G

Sounds like it's a new device that they've sent you then, @Hip_Hop_Rob.

I'm sure Google will be able to let you know the warranty period once you have the serial number of the new device on Monday.

Chris 🙂

Hip_Hop_Rob
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

It is a new unit so don't need to check with Google, just when I need to claim on the  warranty.. just checking that EE don't in any way compromise my statutory rights by changing the 2 year warranty on new product, which I am confident  EE won't.  Unless you know differently?

Anyway, looking forward to receiving new replacement soon and thank you again EE and team.

I have an attitude of gratitude!

Christopher_G

I don't see how it would wither, @Hip_Hop_Rob. 🙂

Let us know if you have any problems.

Have a fantastic weekend.

Chris 🙂