cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Iwatch data

Arch2020
Investigator
Investigator

Anyone how I add a data plan to my iwatch series 5? Bought the watch from apple store 

thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Arch2020   To add a data contract to your Apple Watch you need to open up the Apple Watch app on your iPhone you will then be presented with a option to take out a Sim only tariff at £7 per month with this you get unlimited data and your calls and text will come from your phone allowance.  You also have to be a contract customer to take out a contract on the Apple Watch you cannot do this on pay-as-you-go. 

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Arch2020   To add a data contract to your Apple Watch you need to open up the Apple Watch app on your iPhone you will then be presented with a option to take out a Sim only tariff at £7 per month with this you get unlimited data and your calls and text will come from your phone allowance.  You also have to be a contract customer to take out a contract on the Apple Watch you cannot do this on pay-as-you-go. 

Hi there. Ok thanks. That’s sorted now. 
Also how do I get WhatsApp on my iwatch? So this mirrors my iPhone.
Thanks.  

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Arch2020

You can do this by following these steps:

1. Open WhatsApp on your iPhone

2. Select Settings > WhatsApp Web/Desktop > Scan QR Code.

3. With your iPhone camera, scan the QR code that displays on your Apple Watch. 

4. WhatsApp messages now appear on your Apple Watch. You can also reply directly from your wrist.

Katie 🙂

Hi ok I’ve done the first stages on my iPhone but I’ve got no QR to scan on my iwatch. ?

So your point 3 as you say. 

Katie_B

Hi @Arch2020

My apologies please can you try the below.

In your iWatch App are you able to select 'Notifications' and switch Whatsapp on?

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

Hiya. I don’t have the Whatspp in my iwatch  app in Notifications?

In your iWatch App are you able to select 'Notifications' and switch Whatsapp on?

Whatsapp doesn’t appear in my Notifications list. 
Thanks. 

Katie_B

Hi @Arch2020

Are you able to try searching the App Store on the 'Watch' App?

Are your notifications switched on for Whatsapp on your phone?

Katie 🙂

Hi yes I can search for apps on my iwatch. But I can’t see WhatsApp just other WhatsApp similar apps. Some cost £2.99 not sure if these are the same??