Highlighted
by Hurstie1981
Explorer

If I buy a watch from apple, can I use existing EE contract?

Evening!

I'm looking to buy an Apple Watch 4 from Apple, however I'm unsure about what I need to do.  I'm currently a pay monthly EE customer.

Do I need to pay extra in order to use it?

Thanks

Graham

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Maestro
Maestro
Solution

Re: If I buy a watch from apple, can I use existing EE contract?

@Hurstie1981 Yes, you don’t actually need the Watch data plan for the Watch to work just as long as it remains connected to your iPhone.

It’s when you leave your iPhone home and just go out with the Watch, data and calls will work continuously when you have the Watch data add-on.

Unless you manually disconnect your Watch from your iPhone (by turning off Bluetooth) or you are out of range of your iPhone, the Watch will use your iPhone’s data allowance or it’s own WiFi connection by default.

6 REPLIES 6
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Yes you need to pay extra to use the 4G services. EE is a business and doesn't give anything away for free.

BrendonH (Android Expert) - Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped you please click on the STAR/SOLUTION buttons below
by Hurstie1981
Explorer

Thanks, any idea of the cost?

by Maestro
Maestro

@Hurstie1981 It’s £5.00 extra per month for the Watch data add-on.  That gives you 10Gb 4G data every month to use on the Watch when it’s not linked to your iPhone.  You get the first 3 months free and those first 3 months also come with unlimited data as well.

10Gb a month for the Watch is way more than you will use.  I’ve had my series 4 Watch almost 3 months now and in that time I’ve still used <1Gb of Watch 4G data.

When the Watch is linked to your iPhone, it will use your iPhone data allowance.

by Hurstie1981
Explorer

That's great thankyou for your reply.  I read somewhere that if you're an existing EE customer then you can simply use your existing data etc, but I image that means if your phone is within bluetooth range.

by Maestro
Maestro
Solution

@Hurstie1981 Yes, you don’t actually need the Watch data plan for the Watch to work just as long as it remains connected to your iPhone.

It’s when you leave your iPhone home and just go out with the Watch, data and calls will work continuously when you have the Watch data add-on.

Unless you manually disconnect your Watch from your iPhone (by turning off Bluetooth) or you are out of range of your iPhone, the Watch will use your iPhone’s data allowance or it’s own WiFi connection by default.

by Hurstie1981
Explorer

Thanks for your help Smiley Happy

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions