Make your house a smart home - with help from EE
Highlighted
by bluegreen Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I have an Orange SIM card and use PAYG, I am able to top up in an EE shop

I have an Orange SIM card and Blackberry curve 9132 and use PAYG, I am able to top up in an EE shop, my balance was £13:82 and I have not used my phone but checked my balance by texting "BA" to 150 and it says I only have 49p credit, I called 150 and apparently this is a glitch on the system as he said £13:82 is showing on my account,.

I tried to log into my Orange online account but it is closed and I am not able to create an EE account as I use an orange SIM card.

I suppose I can manage without using the EE online.

I need to keep this number for work, if I ask for an EE SIM card am I able to keep my current number?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: I have an Orange SIM card and use PAYG, I am able to top up in an EE shop

Up to 10 days but could be 72 hours.

Get a free EE SIM, top up later (with any old no) & see if it works in phone by just texting NUMBER to 150 & see if it replies with your temporary no. If it does the phone doesn't need unlocking. As you don't want the free £10 bonus for getting a pack you could even phone EE to transfer your existing no. & credit to it. Just remember to text STOP PACK to 150 before 1st topping-up to use it as normal PAYG at per-unit rates. Note that you can't use data w/out buying a pack.

Thanks! You're welcome Smiley Happy! Glad I could be of assistance.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
4 REPLIES
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@bluegreen  Yes you can keep your number if you moved to EE they can start the swap over in the EE shop. EE PAYG sims uses packs as standard these last 7/30 days depending on what pack you select,  but you can have a normal PAYG sim that uses your credit until it’s gone.

You ust need to text STOP PACK before you do anything else once the sim is activated. 

Orange online accounts closed last year and you can not use a EE account for what is a different network (Orange)   

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, apply to Move to EE pay as you go From Orange and T-Mobile & you will keep your no. & credit and get a further £10 credit if you also take 1 of their packs.

You may need your phone unlocked from Orange to use the EE SIM.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
by bluegreen Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Thank-you both for the replies.

Yes I would prefer to use a PAYG that uses the credit until it is gone.

I am concerend about downtime while I change over as I use my phone for work daily and will be lost without it. I had 5000 leaflets printed with my number on it.

What if I try to change over and it turns out I need to have my phone unlocked, how long could that take?

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Up to 10 days but could be 72 hours.

Get a free EE SIM, top up later (with any old no) & see if it works in phone by just texting NUMBER to 150 & see if it replies with your temporary no. If it does the phone doesn't need unlocking. As you don't want the free £10 bonus for getting a pack you could even phone EE to transfer your existing no. & credit to it. Just remember to text STOP PACK to 150 before 1st topping-up to use it as normal PAYG at per-unit rates. Note that you can't use data w/out buying a pack.

Thanks! You're welcome Smiley Happy! Glad I could be of assistance.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.