Highlighted
by Lornaxyz Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I am finding that upgrading is not straight forward -

I am finding that upgrading is not straight forward - the costs are more expensive for existing customers.  So can I get a compromise or do I need to cancel my contract - it has about 6 weeks to go - how do I cancel and do I have to return my existing phone?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: I am finding that upgrading is not straight forward -

You cancel by phoning EE & giving 30 days notice. If you do so earlier than 30 days before end of your contract term you will be liable for early termination fees. You get to keep your phone. Don't forget to ask for & use your PAC if you want to keep your no.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

You cancel by phoning EE & giving 30 days notice. If you do so earlier than 30 days before end of your contract term you will be liable for early termination fees. You get to keep your phone. Don't forget to ask for & use your PAC if you want to keep your no.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Lornaxyz  Is this a standard upgrade?  If it is you can keep the device, if it’s a annual upgrade ( 12 month) you can give the device back or pay the fee to keep it. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Lornaxyz

Welcome to the community. 🙂

I recommend calling and speaking to our upgrades team. They will offer you their best available offer.

If you still wish to leave (hopefully not), they can organise that your you too.

If you cancel, you don't have to return your phone.

Please let us know how you get on.

Chris 🙂

Valued Contributor

Thanks I will be doing just that and will let you know the outcome - thanks for your help

Valued Contributor

thanks very helpful

Valued Contributor

yes its a 2 year contract thanks

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

Valued Contributor

I want to thank everyone who helped me with information about upgrading my phone - I was given a good deal by EE when I phoned them up and I am now using an Huawei P Smart - not everyone's cup of tea no doubt but I am very pleased with it as it has a much bigger memory than my previous Samsung J5 and cheaper than the A5 - I am glad I didnt have to leave EE - thank you everybody xxxx

by
EE Community Support Team

Amazing news @Lornaxyz.

Thank you for upgrading with us. 🙂

As a thank you for coming back to share your experience, I'd love to send you a small voucher from the community team.

Spot prize.jpg

Maybe you can get a snazzy new case for your new phone with it (or something similar). 🙂

I've sent you a private message to get some of your details, please take a look and get back to me.

Thanks 🙂

Chris

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions