by JoshDenham17
Explorer

How do I claim the headphones as part of pre-ordering the Huawei P20?

18 REPLIES 18
by Legend
Legend

Re: How do I claim the headphones as part of pre-ordering the Huawei P20?

@JoshDenham17

As far as the headphones are concerned you need you go via the promotion website to obtain these.

1. Pre-order P20/P20 Pro from EE (PAYM contracts only, pre-order not available on PAYG) between 28/03 and 05/04
  2. You will receive a VAT receipt containing a contract start/purchase date and handset’s IMEI
  3. From 20/04,  you then go to Huawei’s promotion portal: www.huaweipromo.co.uk
  4. Then you register your details, email address and device IMEI to make a claim
  5. You will need to upload your scanned receipt, showing the IMEI and date purchase was completed
  6. Lastly  you confirm all your contact details including your address for postage

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by JoshDenham17
Explorer

Thanks for the swift reply!

Let's hope I don't forget about the claim considering it's best part of 2 weeks until the claim can be made it seems. 

Also, you say about scanning on the VAT receipt, I assume taking a photo, sending it to my own email and then attaching it to the claim form would be acceptable?

by Legend
Legend

Hi @JoshDenham17

The reason for the delay is to prevent people returning there phones within the 14 day return policy, and then still claiming. 

Don't know about the second question but I would assume that is correct as long as the receipt is clear, it qualifies and the information matches. Please read the T&C in the link I provided.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @JoshDenham17

Welcome to the community and thank you for ordering your Huawei P20 with EE. 🙂

I see @Northerner has already given you the steps to claim the reward.

I agree, as long as the receipt is clear, it should be OK.

Find more information on the terms of the Huawei Bose headphones reward >

Thanks

Chris 🙂

by Trickyeric Contributor
Contributor

Hi @JoshDenham17

Did you actually recieve a VAT invoice then?

by Tom_G

Hi,

After upgrading to and receiving my p20 pro I only got a delivery note(with no contract start/purchase date or handset’s IMEI) and no VAT receipt. Where can I request or download a VAT receipt for it?

Thanks,

Tom

by

Hi @Tom_G

If you pre-ordered in an EE retail shop you would have received a proof of purchase from the store and this would be time stamped to show when you pre-ordered.

If you have pre-ordered over the phone or online you would have received an email confirming your order at the point of purchase and this would also be time stamped to show when you pre-ordered.

Along with either of the above, and your IMEI number, you will be able to complete the offer with Huawei.

I have noticed people mentioning Huawei requesting VAT receipts to claim the offer, we have confirmed with Huawei that the proof of purchase and IMEI number is sufficient for the offer.

Please let me know if you haven't received the email. It would be brilliant if you could check your spam/junk folder too.

Thank you.

Chris

by SPW1979 Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I have today received my Huawei P20 and am looking into how to claim the free headphones. 

I ordered the phone on March 28th so was well within the timeframe given and I received an email with an XKN order number. 

When I tried to track this, the system told me it wasn't recognised. I checked with the Digital Sales Team and they confirmed it had been accepted and they sent me another email. However, this had a different order number and was received on 7th April so was outside the timeframe.

I now need confirmation that I will be able to claim using my original email. If not then I'll leave the phone unopened and return it.

Can you confirm this for me?

Thanks

by
EE Employee

Hi @SPW1979 and welcome to the community.

Please use your original email to place the order for the headphones.

Let us know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@SPW1979  You claim the headphones from HERE and the XKN number is your order number from EE for the phone.  

by SPW1979 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks Lee,

I'll let you know

by SPW1979 Investigator
Investigator

I've tried this morning with no joy. I'm guessing the 'purchase date' is the date of delivery? In which case I've got to wait two weeks before trying to claim. Just wish there was someone of knowing I'll definitely receive them.......

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@SPW1979  You tried this morning!!  Customer services is not 24 hours and opens again around 8am.  

by SPW1979 Investigator
Investigator

Yes, I tried the Huawei Promo site and it's working. I was just querying whether the purchase date would be the delivery date. If it is then I'm guessing I'll have to wait 14 days to claim

by cheesy1970 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

The "purchased product" drop box does not work for me , Anyone else having same problem ?

by C4LG
Explorer

Yup I'm having the same issue also? Out of interest cheesy what did you put for purchase date?

by SPW1979 Investigator
Investigator

I put the date I pre-ordered in the top box and then the delivery date, which was yesterday, in the second box. Then I got an error message

by

Hi @SPW1979,

Yes, you need to enter the date your phone was delivered in the purchase date field.

Thanks

James

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions