cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Galaxy watch on new contract

Dbjones
Investigator
Investigator

Hello,

I've just been given a Samsung watch with 4g. I used to be on EE and am thinking of coming back because my new network doesn't support esims.

Can anybody help me with the process? I need to arrange a SIM only deal for my phone, but I can't see how to add the Samsung watch to my plan and how much extra it would cost.

I'd also like to make sure that I will be able to use my existing number with the watch because I'd like to.leave the phone at home when I go jogging.

Thanks!

Thanks very much.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
David
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hi @Dbjones 

Welcome to the EE Community,

Once your a EE customer again you will be able to add the watch to your account through customer services on 150.

To share your plan with a watch a 30 day rolling plan will need to be purchased at the cost of £7

your mobile number be will linked to the phone sim & the esim in the watch.

Thanks,

David.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
David
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hi @Dbjones 

Welcome to the EE Community,

Once your a EE customer again you will be able to add the watch to your account through customer services on 150.

To share your plan with a watch a 30 day rolling plan will need to be purchased at the cost of £7

your mobile number be will linked to the phone sim & the esim in the watch.

Thanks,

David.

That's brilliant, thanks. 

Any idea what that is likely to cost on top of the sim only plan?

David
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Dbjones depends on which sim only plan you go for you can find all the available sim only plans by clicking the link below.

EE PAYM SIMO DEALS  

Hi,

Thanks to David who answered my questions yesterday. As I marked that post as solved, I've started a new topic. Hope that's OK.

I have a couple of further questions about the Galaxy watch I have just been given.

I'm not yet on EE but have chosen a plan and know how to add the watch to it. I have a Oneplus 7t, which Samsung assure me is compatible with the Galaxy watch and will provide the 4g functionality I need as long as the network allows it. When I look at EE's pages they say I should have a Samsung phone. 

My question is, are EE saying non-Samsung phones definitely won't work with the watch's 4g function on EE or just that it isn't "officially" supported? 

Thanks again.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @Dbjones

Thanks for coming to the community 🙂

To connect a Samsung Watch on EE you will need one of the following Samsung phones on a pay monthly or SIM Only EE account;

• Samsung Galaxy A Series 2017 and Newer
  • Samsung Galaxy J Series 2017 and Newer
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and Newer
  • Samsung Galaxy S7 and Newer
  • Samsung Galaxy Xcover 4 and Newer

If you have a compatible phone and purchase a SIM Only plan, you can follow the steps on our How do I set up my Samsung Galaxy Watch 4G on EE? post, to pair your watch and Samsung phone.

This will set up the 30-day smartwatch plan for you 🙂

Leanne.

Thanks for replying. My big query is more about whether there is something at EE that prevents me from using my Oneplus 7t with the 4g on the watch.

I just spoke to Samsung support and they have said my phone is compatible with the 4g function, unless the network restricts it. I was hoping to see if anyone knew if it definitely won't work with EE or if it's just a question of it being "officially supported."

Thanks again.

Leanne_T

Hi @Dbjones

I am sorry, the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4G can only be connected to a compatible Samsung phone and plan on our EE network.

Full information can be found on our How do I use my Samsung Galaxy Watch 4G? Help page.

Leanne.

James_B

Hi @Dbjones,

The Samsung Galaxy Watch 4G is only compatible with Samsung devices.

Thanks

James

Help!

My father in law has a Samsung Tab, as he has disability and needs a phone which is that size, it appears although Samsung suggest you need android 4and higher it doesn’t allow a tab to pair with the watch through the app.

His Tab is on a EE contract can he set to the watch on his contract standalone 

and get calls and messages on the same number?

or does it need to be a phone not a tablet which is a shame, as he can not use a small phone and thus doesn’t take the tab everywhere so the watch would be ideal, especially with the fall protection alert.

is there any solution? 

thanks