by Katie3187 Investigator
Investigator

Free headphones p20

Today I have reiceved my new p20 pro in upgrade from EE. I have not received the headphones so I spoke to the chat person on EE site and they said delivered within 30 days but now I am reading posts on here saying I have to make a claim for them ??? Can someone clear this up I am not a new customer this was my upgrade

34 REPLIES 34
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Free headphones p20

@Katie3187  Free gifts are not sent out at the same time you get sent the device and you shouldn’t have to claim for them at all.  You should get a notification the same way that you got sent one about your device and this should be around the 30 day mark.

Investigator

Ok just other posts are stating you have to claim them from the Bose website after the 20th April ?? And that there is vouchers missing from the deliveres ? I had no voucher just my sales invoice

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Katie3187  Can I just ask where did you order this device from ? 

Investigator

I pre ordered from we last Monday, I have checked the promotion on the huwaui website and you do have to claim them ! Ridiculous this is, EE advisor told me earlier i didn’t have to do anything good job I have looked it up. Thanks for your help

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Katie3187  If that’s how the offer being offered then that’s what you have to do.  EE are not the ones giving these away they are just passing on the offer that’s being offer by the manufacturer.   It’s a manufacture offer.  

Investigator

I know that but EE are not passing that information on to the customer they told me directly today that they would come in the post in 30 days that’s total wrong information. If EE are going to participate in promotions then they need to ensure they are giving customers correct information not telling them any old rubbish to get them off the phone. The promotion is also first come first served , so not actually guaranteed to get the headphones.

Sent from my iPhone
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Katie3187   If you know it was a manufacture  offer why are you chasing EE for it.  It has nothing do to with EE.   I’ve only found this out myself by using the information from you and the internet.  I didn’t know anything about this offer until I did my own search.   EE customer services  probably know nothing about the offer   officially as it’s not a EE offer. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Katie3187 @Chris_B

You have to apply for them here: https://huaweipromo.co.uk/gb/en/pages/promotion

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Katie3187

Welcome to the community and thank you for ordering your shiny new Huawei P20 Pro with us. 🙂

To claim the headphones, you will need to follow the steps below: 

1. Pre-order P20/P20 Pro from EE (PAYM contracts only, pre-order not available on PAYG) between 28/03 and 05/04
  2. You will receive a VAT receipt containing a contract start/purchase date and handset’s IMEI
  3. From 20/04,  you then go to Huawei’s promotion portal: www.huaweipromo.co.uk
  4. Then you register your details, email address and device IMEI to make a claim
  5. You will need to upload your scanned receipt, showing the IMEI and date purchase was completed
  6. Lastly  you confirm all your contact details including your address for postage

They will then organise to send out your Bose headphones.

Apologies for any confusion.

I hope this helps.

Chris

by Paulpip70 Contributor
Contributor

@Christopher_G

This is in other threads but no reply from any customer advisors....i had my p20 pro delivered yesterday by DPD with just a delivery note. No VAT receipt or anything needed to make the claim for the headphones. Will you confirm these necessary documents will be sent out to customers that pre ordered so we can submit our claims??

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Paulpip70

Can you please check all the paperwork which came with your device as there should be a receipt. Also check the emails you were sent.

If you are certain you have no document then call CS on 150 and they will send you one out. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

by

Hi @Paulpip70

The VAT receipt should have came with the phone.

I too recommend having a chat with customer services to see if they can send out a copy.

Thank you.

ChrisThe

by Paulpip70 Contributor
Contributor

@Northerner

@Christopher_G

All that came from home delivery were a delivery note, an envelope containing multi SIM and a generic welcome to EE letter  (even though I've been on EE for years).

No VAT receipt nor anything else

Photo proof can be provided if needed!!

I spoke to customer services ( who were very helpful) and they have emailed some of the stuff I needed. Although nothing mentions VAT at all. 

No helping the problem or confusion is the fact you can't see the actual claim form on Huawei official site until it unlocks on the 20/04. I'm still doubtful I have everything required to be honest so some kind of official clarification from EE would put a lot of minds at rest. Otherwise this is going to be an onhoing headache for all the staff at least until the 20th.

I do appreciate the replies so thank you.

Regards,

Paul

by

Thanks for your reply @Paulpip70.

I've sent you a private message about this.

Please take a look and get back to me.

Thank you.

Chris

by JoshDenham17
Explorer

So the claim form doesn't open until the 20th April for pre-orders before the 5th April?!

by

That's right @JoshDenham17. 🙂

Chris

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@JoshDenham17 wrote:

So the claim form doesn't open until the 20th April for pre-orders before the 5th April?!

Hi @JoshDenham17

The reason for the delay is to prevent people returning there phones within the 14 day return policy, and then still claiming.

I have mentioned this in your other thread.

Thanks

by Trickyeric Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Christopher_G

Can you confirm that I should have recieved a VAT invoice?

by

Hi @Trickyeric,

We've responded to your private message.

Thanks

James

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.