Highlighted
by Rereradu
Explorer

EE needs to allow removing esim profile from Galaxy Watch!

Hi, I really hope someone from EE is reading this post.

I bought a Samsung Galaxy Watch with LTE capability off eBay, but because it was initially bought from EE, the LTE functionality is useless. The firmware currently installed doesn't allow for the existing esim profile on the watch to be removed.

I am not currently an EE customer, as I have a monthly subscription with the only other network supporting and selling the Galaxy Watch. But even if I wanted to switch to EE, I still couldn't use this watch - there's no way right now to remove the esim profile and EE's smart number technology only works with Apple devices.

I think EE should realise there is a market for second-hand Galaxy Watches with LTE capabilities - and should give this watch a firmware update to allow removing the existing esim profile. 

--

Radu

4 REPLIES 4
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: EE needs to allow removing esim profile from Galaxy Watch!

Good Morning @Rereradu

Thanks for coming to the community. 

To use LTE you will need to an EE pay monthly or SIM only account with us and purchase the watch from us direct

If this is not possible, I would recommend contacting the seller. 

Katie 🙂

by Rereradu
Explorer

Hi, Katie.

Thank you for your answer. 

I know the current "conditions", hence my original post. This is a senseless limitation - one that could be easily removed by EE if there was any goodwill and care for customers. A simple firmware update could allow resetting the esim profile and could bring new customers to EE!

--

Radu

by Speedt5r1
Explorer

Go to connections on watch locate esim keep tapping on esim till delete/remove highlights .

Worked on mine.

by Speedt5r1
Explorer

I spoke to one of the guys at a ee shop after I bought mine.

Was told to get monthly contract and pay extra £5 month for esim. 

Esim Is transferred from Samsung watch app on phone.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions