by spamvindaloo Investigator
Investigator

EE data settings

I am trying to setup a phone for my mother. It is a rather old phone (a Vodafone branded ZTE phone) and I need the following settings. None of the posts or other info I can find that relate to android settings etc really seem to fit. I thought there might be a way to have the settings sent to the phone by text but I can't find any info on that if there is. Hopefully somebody can help. These are all of the settings:

GPRS settings 
Name 
APN
Username 
Password 
Auth type: Normal / Secure 
Primary DNS 
Secondary DNS 

Browser settings 
Connection type : HTTP / WAP
Use Proxy: Yes / No
Proxy address 
Proxy port 
Username 
Password 
5 REPLIES 5
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: EE data settings

Hi @spamvindaloo

Welcome to the Community,

take a look at this 

https://www.teamknowhow.com/discover/discover/ee-apn-settings

Investigator

Thank you but I had already tried the settings from that page without any luck.

The only think additional to those settings is that I only have two choices for Auth type which is normal or secure (PAP isn't an option). Additionally, the DNS addresses are not listed. I've tried leaving them blank (000.000.000.000) or Google (008.008.008.008). I've tried those DNS settings with both combinations of Auth type but no luck. I don't know if I'm missing something but I can't see what else to try.

Investigator

Also to clarify, although I mentioned I had tried android settings etc, it is not an android phone, it is a really old phone (made by ZTE but Vodafone branded - Vodafone 553). It is only because I can not persuade my mother to use a modern phone that I am persevering.

I have selected the EE GPRS connection in all other settings (browser, email and mms) and none of these work plus I do not have a "G" in the status bar so I believe the issue is with these network settings.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @spamvindaloo

Have you deleted the old Vodafone APN settings?

It may also be your settings are correct but you don't receive any signal, hence the no G in the status bar. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Investigator

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately it is not possible to delete the Vodafone APN settings but I have set everything that uses a data connection to use the EE settings.

I did find a post on a giffgaff forum where it was confirmed the Vodafone settings could not be deleted but this did not pose a problem and they got it working so I live in hope.

(It would be so much easier if I could persuade my mother to use a touchscreen phone, or if manufacturers would sell phones in the UK with a qwerty keyboard but I've only been able to find new qwerty phone for sale in the USA, it seems nobody in this country wants them anymore....)

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.