by Maestro
Maestro

BeatsX Wireless Earphones Review

Here's a quick review of the BeatsX wireless earphones I've just purchased from the online EE Accessories store.  EE sell the black and white versions.

These wireless earphones use the new Apple W1 BlueTooth chip which allows quick connection to any Apple device (iOS 10 or higher, MacOS Sierra or higher or Watch OS3 or higher)

In the box you get 4 different sized ear pieces along with 2 secure fit wing-tips (they help hold the earphones in during exercise etc).  There's also a carry case along with a short lightning to USB-A charging cable.

IMG_0728.jpg

They are very easy to connect and pair.  The first time you turn them on and hold them close to your iPhone you get the following:

IMG_0722.PNG

You simply click the connect button and you are done:

IMG_0723.PNG

They will then be automatically linked to any other Apple device you have that uses the same iCloudID.  My iPad and Macs both show the earphones automatically.

They come with a fast fuel charge where a 5 minute charge gives you 2 hours of playback.  A full charge only takes 45 minutes giving 8 hours of playback.

The earbuds are magnetic so you can secure them around your neck when not in use.  All the iPhone call functions work through the earphones as well.

You can adjust the volume for both calls and music using the buttons on the BeatsX.  You can answer calls using the buttons on the earphones too.  You can also play/pause using the buttons.

The sound quality is excellent both both music and calls and they fit very well and do seem to stay in your ears.  They feel nice and light too when wearing them.

You have the option to update the firmware when required by downloading a small piece of software on either a Mac or Windows from the Beatsbydre website.  You simply plug the BeatsX in using the included lightning to USB-A cable.

You also currently get a free 3 month AppleMusic trial with all Beats headphones.

10 REPLIES
by TaffyVonDaffy
Visitor

Re: BeatsX Wireless Earphones Review

Great review.

I have a pair of these and they are amazing!

by Raffaello2017 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I can’t wait to get mine they should be arriving on Monday 20 November, hopefully they’ll work as well as yours on my new iPhone X...

by abi101

Thanks for a thorough review. It seems like mine are faulty because, compared to the regular apple earphones, the sound quality is really bad Smiley Sad

I guess I have to go through the whole process of trying to get a new one. sigh.

by
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @abi101

Thank you for coming to see us Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you are having difficulty with your headphones.

Did you get them from EE, if so when and where from I.E. Store, online or over the phone.

Have you noticed a change in sound quality gradually or has it always been this way?

Have you got an iPhone?

Check Settings >>> Music >>> EQ 

See if changing the EQ helps the sound, mine is on Late Night.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers

Richard

Smiley Happy

Established Contributor

I’ve stopped using my BeatsX wireless earphones because they no longer connect to my iPhone X, or any of my other devices...

by
EE Employee

Hi @Raffaello2017 and welcome back.

Have you tried the following headset reset?

1. Hold down these two buttons for 10 seconds:
    • Power button
    • Volume down button
  2. When the LED indicator light flashes, release the buttons. Your earphones are now reset and ready to be set up with your devices again.

Many thanks,

Lee

Established Contributor

@Lee_H Hello Lee_H, well thank you for your advice, it worked automatically on my iPad Mini 3, unfortunately not so on my iPhone X. It took several attempts for it to connect on that, and once connected was fine for a while then it disconnects which is annoying when you’re having a conversation with someone. Trying to reconnect again is difficult and then the call gets disconnected, so it’s quite frustrating and unreliable to use.

by

Hello there @Raffaello2017

Thanks for coming back to us.

Do any other headphones work with your iPhone X?

Speak soon, Leanne Smiley Happy

Established Contributor

@leanne_T Hello Léane I only have the BeatsX Bluetooth headset...

i juste had a phone call and it rang through the headset, once I’d answered they cut out...

by

I see @Raffaello2017

Thanks for coming back to me.

In this case I would suggest getting in touch with Apple.

They have a dedicated support page for the Beats X.

Let us know how you get on Smiley Happy

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.