by charleem Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Re: 4g Galaxy Watch Issues

I've found that all is ok when it's connected via bluetooth, just standalone where it all goes to pot. Here's hoping they update this quicker than they do their phones! 

by schrodinger56 Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Likewise here.  Yesterday I wasn't able to get anything coming through on my mobile phone if the the Watch 4G was switched on;   however there was a message from EE at 08:08 today saying that they had updated some of my settings (how they did that I don't know) and to continue to use the phone and services I had to restart the phone.

So now I can receive calls on my mobile and they go through to the Watch 4G as long as it's connected via BT to the phone and the phone is with me.  So progress of a kind but still not back to the way it was pre watch 4G update to 4.0.0.1.

Hopefully further progress will be made in the coming days.

Valued Contributor

Just got  a call from EE regarding the ticket raised yesterday concerning the glitch in the current update.  They asked for Tizen version and the Software Version.  So now I have to wait for an SMS advising me to download an update fix however there is no timeframe to this fix.  I asked how many EE customers were affrected by this but they wouldn't say!!

by Nilanto27
Visitor

Hi. I had the same problem and was told by EE to wait for an update. In the meantime I contacted Samsung and got the following response which has worked for me !!

Apologies for the confusion. We have been made aware that after a recent update some devices are unable to make or receive calls. The update has now been stopped and we're working on rectifying this. In the meantime, if you'd rather not wait for an update, you can back up your watch data to the Samsung Cloud and reset it. Once it's reset, unpair your phone and watch. You'll then need to go to Settings on your Galaxy Watch > Connect to New Phone > Finish the pairing options then this should work as before. Please let us know if this helps. ^EH

Established Contributor

@Nilanto27 interesting. Did you need to call EE to get the network profile added again or once done did it just work? Cheers. 

Valued Contributor

All sorted.  Did as you explained in your message and phone ansd watch is back to normal.  I nearly did the Reset route but was slightly concerned about the Watch 4G reconnecting to the EE network but it just connected back up with no issues.  Backed up everything of course before resetting.

Established Contributor

@schrodinger56 Were you able to restore your watch, and did it continue to work?  Cheers.

Valued Contributor

Prior to doing the Reset I could only get calls on my mobile if the Watch was on BT;  if someone tried to contact me on my mobile when BT was off and LTE/4G was on it just returned an engaged signal.  However,  I've just turned BT off and LTE/4G clicked in and I was able to call my mobile and it went through to my phone with no issues.  Also all apps and Contacts etc were restored.

Established Contributor

@schrodinger56 Yeah mine is exactly the same issue.  I don't want to just reset the watch and then lose all the settings.  I upgraded from the S3 and have it customised just how I want it, it'll take me ages to get everything set up again if I can't then restore my settings without also restoring the fault.

Valued Contributor

The only thing I've had to set up again is my Samsung Pay cards.  Everything else including the Watch faces are all back where they were.

by SuperSaiyan4 Contributor
Contributor

I'm now officially fed up with this watch, not only does it nearly never connect remotely but now it won't send any messages or replies when it is connected. Even the heart rate monitor barely works even though I've got it to set hourly and the watch is on tight on my wrist. Having a heart condition and on medication I bought this watch to be able to let my doctors know how I am. Overall just annoyed that I've got a smart watch that is only good for telling the time! 

by Misatok Contributor
Contributor

Can say that resetting the watch and going through setup again has resolved a few issues for me since the latest update. 

It doesn't drop connection as much. It would be helpful if this was put as a sticky.

I'd also make sure you backup stuff before you doand restore after reset and setting up again.

I do get frustrated with the watch now and then but it is a new product for them so will be teething problems and with any new product. 

Admins can we get a sticky of how to do reset on phone as per the guidance from Samsung as seems to work till the next update? 

Valued Contributor

Not wishing to be funny but have you tried a reset?  Starting from scratch does sometimes sort issues out.  The latest update 4.0.0.1 has caused issues and both EE and Samsung are working on a fix.  In the meantime samsung did advise to overcome the current connectivity issues caused by 4.0.0.1 carry out a reset.

Hope that helps.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Also with the HR monitor is the sensor clean?

And if you have it on too tight it won't work.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @SuperSaiyan4

It may be worth speaking to our technical support team who'll run through some troubleshooting with you.

Please let us know what happens.

Chris

by SuperSaiyan4 Contributor
Contributor

Done a reset several times, spoken to technical several times and still waiting for a callback. 

The watch has been on my wrist not too tight  have tried tight and loose and in between. 

It fails to send any responses in addition to not doing heart rate checks. 

Going to try one more replacement if I get one otherwise its going back for good. 

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Smartphones-Tablets-Wearables/Galaxy-Watch-not-measuring-Heart-r...

Its a known issue

Make sure your software on the watch is up to date.

Established Contributor

@BrendonH wrote:

Make sure your software on the watch is up to date.

Yeaaaah....

Have you read the rest of this thread and the issues with the current update?

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

My watch is up to date and is working fine.

Its not effecting all watches.

Established Contributor

I've had the fault of not being able to use the watch stand alone, nor could anyone call me when the watch was in stand alone mode, resetting it without resetting the networks has worked for me.  Thankfully they've pulled the most recent update and it's not being rolled out until that bug has been squashed.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.