by SuperSaiyan4 Contributor
Contributor

Re: 4g Galaxy Watch Issues

Also having the same issue, doesn't always remote connect and keeps disconnecting. Now my watch is locking itself and turning itself off randomly. Aslo getting nuisance calls even though I have the numbers blocked on my phone. Its all getting annoying, I've spoken to level two, they're aware of the disconnect issue with remote connection. But if the fix is getting a replacement watch then I'm all for that. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @SuperSaiyan4,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Have our technical team offered a solution to the problems you mentioned?

Thanks

James

Contributor

They're sending me a replacement tomorrow but the issue where the watch fails to connect remotely will remain according to tech support as its currently being investigated with Samsung on a firmware update. In this era of technology I'm amazed such issues remain. 

by

Thanks for the update @SuperSaiyan4

James

Contributor

Well I got my replacement today, however the seal was broken... I proceeded to have a look and all was intact. 

After finding myself with a cross through the simcard icon I noticed within the settings of the watch there was no phone number for the sim card. 

Being of a technical mindset I managed to get the 4G functions working on my watch. I then went back into the settings where it shows the phone number registered to the sim in the watch and its all zeros.

Very strange, any ideas why there's now no phone number associated with the watch? 

by

Hi @supersaiyan,

Are you connecting the watch with the EE network or are you using it to connect via blue tooth to the phone?

Alex

Contributor

It's connected via the ee network, the watch has no phone number, just zeros. 

by

Hi @SuperSaiyan4,

I would give our technical team a call to ensure your SIM plan has transferred over to the replacement watch that was sent out.

If not, they will be able to arrange this for you over the phone Smiley Happy

Alex

by Misatok Contributor
Contributor

Regarding the seal on the box. Mine had this too when it arrived. Like you wasn't too worried.

Regarding the signal to phone dropping I get this a lot and have to switch on airplane mode and off again. I'm hoping for a proper fix. 

by c7aig Investigator
Investigator

I've experienced the same issue. Contacted Samsung about remote connection not working, they said do a reset, since then it just says the watch is already assigned to a data plan.

I contacted EE and after a day of speaking with 1st and 2nd line support they passed it off somewhere else and I was told I'd have to wait 36 hours for a response.

After 36 hours and no response I contacted them and was told I actually have to wait 5 days! Why does it take 5 days??

I assume I won't be paying for the contract during this this time as it hasn't worked since day 1!

by Misatok Contributor
Contributor

I did exactly the same as you  Sounds like the eSim has gone. I was told up to 72 hours (working days) that they would call  They are able to fix it straight away. Once I got through to right department they took 15 mins to resolve it. 

Contributor

Here's another thing, when signing up for the watch it clearly stated that you get an extra 1Gb of data to your phone plan. I haven't got it and EE over the phone don't know anything about it either which is disgraceful  

by

Hi @c7aig,

Welcome to the EE Community.

I'm sorry our technical support team were unable to get your watch up and running when you called.

It sounds like they've had to escalate the issue to our support team. They'll get back in touch as soon as the issue has been resolved.

Thanks

James

by

Hi @SuperSaiyan4,

Please get in touch with customer services so we can make sure your 1GB data boost has been added to your account.

Thanks

James

by c7aig Investigator
Investigator

Just a little update on this, I logged my original ticket with EE at ~1030 on Thursday, originally was told wait 36 hours, called back and was told I actually had to wait 5 days. Still no response after 5 days (today) so called back and was told my ticket has been assigned and I'll receieve a call by 1700 today. I really can't believe it's into day 6, why is this taking so long?!

Craig

by

Hi @c7aig

Thanks for keeping us updated.

I'm sure the team are working hard looking at this, let us know the outcome of the call this afternoon. 

Katie Smiley Happy

by c7aig Investigator
Investigator

Just as I sent this, someone called me and solved the issue in about 5 minutes. All up and running.

Craig

by

Great to hear @c7aig,

Have a lovely Christmas!

Katie Smiley Happy

by charleem Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I got mine last week, whenever the watch is in standalone mode, I can't receive calls, if anyone rings my number they're just immediately cut off, if they call me from a landline then they get the disconnected tone, once my watch goes out of standalone mode and is connected via bluetooth everything works again. I can send SMS when the watch is in standalone, but I can't call, the call tries to go through, the person being called gets a missed call, but then it cuts off.

I got a call from EE last night saying that 100's of customers had reported this problem and it's to do with an update from Samsung, they're working with Samsung and trying to get the problem resolved but don't know when this will be.

Thing is, it was working just fine, then I had to reset the phone and ended up with the phone saying the watch already had a plan, called tech support who reset the eSim and since then it's not worked, I don't actually recall this update being put on my watch.

by schrodinger56 Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I too have this issue and it's all to do with the latest update 4.0.0.1 that automatically updated onto my Watch 4G.  I think I'll turn off auto updating from now on.  EE and Samsung are aware of it and and rushing to put out a fix asap.  Meanwhile call CS and request a credit on your account as you are unable to use the Watch 4G to its proper extent.  

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.