by Wayneboy77 Contributor
Contributor

Re: 4g Galaxy Watch Issues

Yeah cheers buddy really appreciate your help.

The only issue I have now is that my number dont show when calling people via 4G from the watch. It shows the number of the watch and not my actual mobile number?

Didny have this issue before?

I will call EE in the morning and hopefully they will have a fix........or maybe not!

Contributor

Decided I will be sending the watch back today. Too many bugs and a lack of knowledge and support from both EE and Samsung. Its not what I purchased the watch for. Spending too much wasted time on this now. Thanks to the help on this forum though, really appreciated! 

by apshep Contributor
Contributor

Spoken with tech support again this morning and asked them to reissue the eSIM. They now seem to be aware of this solution but because my case has already been referred to the level above Level 2 (something beginning with D)  they (L2) cannot do it and  I will get a phone call back later today or tomorrow to go through the process.

So if your case has not yet been referred up I suggest you get on the phone to tech support for the eSIM reissue. 

PS - they were quick answering the call just now!

by manxblade
Explorer

i spoke to ee this morning about a new e-sim but they said they know about the connection problems and would not issue my a new one.

This is my second watch in two weeks. If the problem is not sorted by Monday this one is going back aswell

by SuperSaiyan4 Contributor
Contributor

In case people have missed it there is an update that does fix the issues but not 100% It stays connected remotely around 95% of the time so a lot better than before as it was only connecting around 10% of the time.

Various other issues also fixed. 

Do a manual update in the gear app, also on my second replacement and all is well so far. Hopefully further updates makes the fixes more stable. 

Contributor

Yeah just checked myself and I've also been charged for calls and texts made from my watch.

I advise and encourage anyone else who is having this isuue to check there charges on the EE app! 

The whole thing is a complete shambles, EE haven't got a clue which is both ridiculous and unacceptable especially as there the only provider for the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4G.

Very poor from both EE and Samsung! 

Watch is going back, even considering waving bye to my note 9 too! 

by djwalkers Investigator
Investigator

I try manual update says I have the latest software Tizen 4.0.0.1 Software Version R805FXXU1CRL6

I can't get 4g signal at all, just get the SIM with a cross.

Went to my local store to be told they know about it and there's no time frame on a fix?

by charleem Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@djwalkers - the sim card with an X through it means that your eSim is invalid, you need level 2 tech support to re-activate it.

Before you do that however I'd suggest backing the phone up to your samsung cloud account, resetting it and re-pairing it with the phone, THEN call level 2 and tell them the eSim needs reconnecting.

Investigator

I've only had it 24hrs so nothing to back up really 😏

Valued Contributor

Ah OK!  I moved from a Gear S3 you see and it took me ages to get it just how I liked it 🙂

Get onto EE and ask for level 2, just tell them that the eSim in the phone isn't connecting.  Going forward, if you ever need to reset the watch, only reset the watch, never have it delete the network settings or you'll need to call them again to have it reconnected.

It's strange that it's so easy to upset the eSim and that the end user can so easily delete the network profile on the watch, I assume that'll be something they'll sort out in future updates.

Contributor

Ok so a quick update

When speaking with the returns at EE just now they explained to me that they received a new email this morning regarding the watch and further problems.

Unfortunatley there is another issue regarding the functionality of the watch causing yet more problems via 4G and connectivity etc.

I have now arranged for my watch to be returned and all charges credited back. It's a real shame as I actually really liked the watch but refuse to pay for something not fit for purpose.

Good luck guys, I hope you sort your issues out asap!

Happy New Year

Wayne

Investigator

So pointless me phoning then!? @Wayneboy77

Contributor

Hi @djwalkers

Personally I wouldn't bother mate, I feel for the EE staff, they honestly have no idea of what to do themselves or when the issues will be ironed out.

Untill SAMSUNG sort out the firmware update, watches with the issuses will remain defective no matter what you try in regards to resetting the eSim etc.

Contributor

So looks like it's back to having the same issues again! Keeps disconnecting again, didn't get a buzz saying I got a message but noticed the yellow icon saying I did. I tried replying and got stuck on sending and wouldn't send and disconnected again  So back to square one as per my previous watches.

This is now beyond ridiculous, its not even their first watch! They've made several previous ones! 

Investigator

Thought I'd phone just out of interest just to be told nothing they can do the system is off line just keep trying to set it up 

Total joke

Valued Contributor

I started having problems with mine again last night  when in stand alone mode I wasn't getting any notifications, the phone couldn't remotely connect. Spoke to Samsung support via the members app and of course they told me to reset it, which seems to be the standard response to everything and anything. 

It's working fine again now after the reset but I'm getting fed up of having to set Samsung pay back up every time. 

Contributor

Seems like we're all beta testers and I'm not happy, I've had no message alerts today even though I've had messages. 

I'm going to send it back and wait for the inevitable Galaxy Watch 2.

by manxblade
Explorer

I have phoned again this morning and am sending the watch back. I am gutted really as I waited a long time for the lte watch and now will look to another brand. good luck with all your issues.

by M8dux Investigator
Investigator

Has anyone had any problems with their phone connecting to Wi-Fi whilst the phone is connected to their watch?

I've an S9+ and whenever the watch is connected via Bluetooth, the Wi-Fi on my phone is awful. As soon  as I turn the Bluetooth off, thus disconnecting the watch, the Wi-Fi is spot on again. 

This is along with all the other connectivity issues I'm having same as everyone else it seems. 

by c7aig Investigator
Investigator

M8dux

I haven't had the WiFi issues. But interestingly, when the watch is connected to my s9 by Bluetooth and I use my Bluetooth Bose headphones with the S9, I hear a constant crackle. This stops if I disconnect the watch. 

This also happened with my S3.

Craig

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions