Highlighted
by M8dux Investigator
Investigator

Re: 4g Galaxy Watch Issues

c7aig,

If all these issues are being caused when connected to the watches, then the watches must be the issue.

I never have any problems with Wi-Fi when my headphones are connected via Bluetooth. It isn't my Wi-Fi because I'm streaming 4k Netflix on my tv yet my Facebook won't refresh on my phone 🤔

by Wayneboy77 Contributor
Contributor

At the end of the day ask yourself is it acceptable to be paying for a product that doesn't function as it should.

You can do as much resetting etc as you like but it won't sort the issue.

Save yourself wasted time and efforts, I truly believe it's not just a software fault but also a hardware issue.

I'm gutted but refuse to pay £480 for a dud product and service!

by Wayneboy77 Contributor
Contributor

You can't polish a turd but you can smear it 💩 

by M8dux Investigator
Investigator

Seeing as how I would imagine everyone is paying for the watch as part of a monthly price plan, they should waiver the cost (or significantly reduce the charge) until the issues are rectified. If they aren't fixed then we should be reimbursed when the watches are returned.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Not really EEs fault if a software update Samsung did messed things up. Also it isn't effecting everyone either.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the STAR/SOLUTION buttons below
by M8dux Investigator
Investigator

Seeing as how EE have provided the product to us, and not Samsung, they're the ones who are responsible for our lack of a working product. 

I'm sure any goodwill gestures EE make can be claimed back from Samsung.

by c7aig Investigator
Investigator

Seeing all the bugs on this watch (sleep tracking, auto HR, floor tracking, remote connection etc) most of which the S3 didn't have, it really feels like Samsung aren't rushing to fix bugs.

Although I'm one of the lucky ones, after my initial issues my watch does work on 4G and remote connection works (mostly). I'm not updating or reseting for anything! I'm not even restarting it!

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

EE don't make the product or the software.

Like I said not all watches are effected. Mine is working perfectly.

by M8dux Investigator
Investigator

EE are providing the product, so as far as the customer s concerned they're responsible.

If you bought a jumper from Next with a hole in it you wouldn't take it back to the factory in China would you?

Mine isn't working, and neither are other people's. Because yours is working does that invalidate everyone else's issues?

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Your analogy doesn't work. What can EE do? They can't fix an issue on a product they dont have access to.

It's Samsung who needs to do this.

by M8dux Investigator
Investigator

Well what could Next do?

EE are the ones providing the phone to customers.

Why are you even bothered about an issue you aren't encountering? 

I haven't got the phone from Samsung, I've got it from EE. If you can't work this out then I suggest you spend some time in the real world instead of on forums regarding issues that aren't affecting you. 

by apshep Contributor
Contributor

So yesterday morning at 9am I had a call from EE tech (better late than never (they had promised Sunday!)). After a quick check of the current status of the watch and a reset of something at their end (I suspect a reissue of the eSIM) I clicked on the 'setup mobile network' button and  about five minutes later had a 4g functioning watch. 36hrs later it still seems fine although it has spent most of the time connected to the phone by Bluetooth. I have done a couple of 4g tests for calls and Spotify and all good.

by djwalkers Investigator
Investigator

When I phoned the other day they said they will not be re issuing an esim so would have to just keep trying I'll be returning mine tomorrow

by apshep Contributor
Contributor

I'd suggest a call to tech support in the morning as he was quite clear that they have an 'approved' resolution and it's worked with mine

by Brian_GRC

I am having similar problems. I spoke to technical support who have passed it to second level. They are supposed to contact me within 24 hrs. Not very impressed if lots of people are having issues and it cannot be resolved straight away.

by M8dux Investigator
Investigator

I returned mine last week. I get there having issues and it's partially out of their hands, but I cut my losses.

I'll wait for the next watch to be released, and see how it goes from there 

by Smoovster
Explorer

Had the same problem. Been on for hours with ee support but they can't fix it. They were going to get back to me within three days but I'm reasonably time poor so I've decided to give up and return it. Bit disappointing that the user experience can't be a little better. There's a Saturday morning I won't get back! 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.