by SuperSaiyan4 Contributor
Contributor

Re: 4g Galaxy Watch Issues

You'd think with today's technology they'd release a product that works. Instead we have to be their testers at our own cost and time.

Going to call EE tomorrow again as still haven't got a call back. Been with EE for over 15yrs from when it was Orange and am very annoyed over this watch fiasco.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@SuperSaiyan4 wrote:

You'd think with today's technology they'd release a product that works. Instead we have to be their testers at our own cost and time.

Going to call EE tomorrow again as still haven't got a call back. Been with EE for over 15yrs from when it was Orange and am very annoyed over this watch fiasco.

Things can and will go wrong with to days technology. Nothing is full proof. Remember humans built it.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by apshep Contributor
Contributor

My 6 day old 42mm watch is also having the same 4g issues and won't see or connect to the network despite several resets, restarts, unpairing etc etc. I've spent a long time on online chat, phone call support with level 1 and level 2 and the conclusion is that the 4.0.0.1 update has caused the problem  (that's all I've had since I upgraded as soon as I set the watch up). So now I have a Bluetooth connected expensive 4g watch! I'm tempted to take it back for a refund! I do recall one of the 'conditions' being that I could not return it but as it is not ''fit for purpose' I'm sure that won't be a problem. In general I think it's great but I'm not paying this mutch from a Bluetooth version that I could have purchased for £229!

Contributor

An update came out on the 24th, link your phone via Bluetooth to the watch with the gear app. Go to updates on the gear app, it now fixes the main issues including remote connection for the most part. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @apshep

I am sorry to hear your still experiencing issues. 

Have to checked for the update that's recently been released?

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

by apshep Contributor
Contributor

There are no updates available (I've just checked) - according to level 2 tech support it was the last update to 4.0.0.1 that has caused the problem

by
EE Community Support Team

Thank you for checking this @apshep

What else did the Level 2 department advise?

Katie 🙂

by Misatok Contributor
Contributor

There have been 2 updates since the watch release. First one was the 4.0.0.1 update.

Since then there was one before Christmas which does fix issues. 

by apshep Contributor
Contributor

The advice from level 2 was that I had to wait for Samsung to release an update and level 2 would ring me if/when that is available.

I've checked for updates and there are none available.

I might take it back to the shop this morning and exchange it to see if another is any better. Tech 2 did say not all watches are affected

by Misatok Contributor
Contributor

The updates they have been released are below. The latest one was Christmas eve. Screenshot_20181228-100421_Chrome.jpg

by Wayneboy77 Contributor
Contributor

Purchased the 4G 46mm from EE 3 weeks ago. Everything worked well until the software update 4.0.0.1. I've even updated with the latest release but unfortunately the 4G still doesn't work.

EE have confirmed this is a problem with Samsungs latest firmware release. Really disappointing, I have contacted Samsung but have not received a reply.

Also EE have no idea of when this issue will be resolved. I'm paying for a 4G watch with only the Bluetooth version capabilities.

Really poor service all round which looks terrible on both Samsungs and EE brands. 

by schrodinger56 Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

What sorted it for me prior to the update coming out was to carry out a reset of the Watch after backing it up of course.

by Misatok Contributor
Contributor

Found that after any update I've done a backup, full reset (except network settings) and restore backup and its been fine. No issues.

Contributor

This is all I get when trying to connect my watch to 4G. I've done everything mentioned above.

Really frustrated with this now, will be sending it back tomorrow 

Screenshot_20181228-133748_Galaxy Watch PlugIn.jpg

by apshep Contributor
Contributor

I went into the shop to see about exchanging and was told that all the 4g watches are affected (including the staff members own!) so little point in opening another box and having the same problem. 

Phoned Samsung and they admitted they know about it but here is no timescale for a fix

Highlighted
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

I can assure you not every watch is affected because mine isn't.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
Contributor

Go on the gear app on your phone and do a manual update  it was released on the 24th.

I got my replacement (2nd one) yesterday and got the new update. So far my watch has been a lot more stable connected remotely. Only seen it not be connected once today so far.

So I'd say get a replacement and do the update. 

by Misatok Contributor
Contributor

Wayneboy, 

The pic you posted is exactly what I had when I first got it.

You need to get level 2 to reissue a new eSim. They can do this and takes minutes. They will no doubt get you to jump through hoops but this is the only fix at present. 

Contributor

Misatok

You my friend are an absolute ledge, this has sorted the problem.

So after nearly 2 weeks of going back and fourth with both EE and Samsung with zero success I finally have a fully functioning 4G watch again.

Cannot beleive that neither EE or Samsung have suggested or reissued the eSim over the past 2 weeks.

EE was not keen or that forthcoming to reissue the eSim?

THANK GOD FOR THESE FORUMS!

Thanks once again and a very happy healthy new year

by Misatok Contributor
Contributor

Glad you got it sorted. I went through all these problems like you did and after speaking to a friend in the USA on Verizon he said get them to reissue a new eSim. 

I think they don't like doing it as not sure if it costs EE but it's the only real fix. 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.