by wilm Investigator
Investigator

4g Galaxy Watch Issues

Hello,

Having a few troubles with setting up the new watch. After the set up, when not connecting to my phone via Bluetooth I could make and receive calls, but texts and emails did not work, it would prompt me to connect to Bluetooth for some reason.

samsung technical support suggested I do a reset which I have now done. However after the reset I now can’t even connect anymore, as it has lost the 4g connection. When I try to set the connection up again it says the watch had already been connected. Anyone have any ideas?

124 REPLIES 124
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: 4g Galaxy Watch Issues

Hi @wilm,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Our technical support team will be happy to help you with this.

Thanks

James

by TheAssassin74
Explorer

Hi, almost having exactly the same troubles myself. While my Bluetooth connection seems to be ok after I had no choice but to do a factory reset (Erases everything EXCEPT the watches eSim) I can no longer connect via the Data Network and the sim icon has a little cross in it.

It would be greatly appreciated that if you get this solved could you post the how-to as I'm pretty sure we can't be the only two people with this issue.

by Misatok Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the exact same issues. No 4g connectivity. It states data plan has been setup already. No amount of resetting and I installing the wear app or resetting watch works.

It has occasionally shown error 4001 then when retry goes back to the standard data plan has been setup and to contact ee for assistance. 

Seems that verizon and other companies have experienced the same issues which would make it a Samsung issue. So frustrating as have a product only doing part of what it's meant to.

by Misatok Contributor
Contributor

Screenshot_20181123-010530_Galaxy Watch PlugIn.jpgEither get this or....

Screenshot_20181123-010537_Galaxy Watch PlugIn.jpg

Screenshot_20181123-010654_Galaxy Watch PlugIn.jpgI get this error too

by

Hi @Misatok,

Thanks for visiting the EE Community.

Have you spoken to technical support? They'll be happy to help you get set up.

James

by Misatok Contributor
Contributor

I have indeed and its with level 2. Just since a few others have the same issue I thought it might help others seeing the issue so they know there are no self help things to try other than call tech support. Currently day 3 of not being able to use it fully. 

by

Thanks @Misatok

I hope you are up and running soon.

James

by wilm Investigator
Investigator

So tech support managed to get it sorted out. However it still doesn't work as it should. In order to use text messages, as i understand you need to have your phone on. I can only send and receive texts when the remote connection is active, however this drops about 90% of the time.

Also emails don't work at all, tells me i need to connect via bluetooth, even though i have already set them up?

by

Hi @wilm,

Please get back in touch with technical support so we can take another look at this for you.

Thanks

James

Highlighted
by Esurient Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Guys,

Just to let you know, I had this issue on release day. I spoke to EE support, who raised it with the next level who couldn't sort it & 24hours later (up to 72hrs it can take) someone phoned me back, asked me to retry the connection and it worked.

So they are aware of it & should be able to sort it, as mine now works(ish).

by DrSteve Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Seem to be having the same issue here. My wife's watch arrived yesterdy and set up fine. She has left the watch here today while she is in work with her phone. 4G is connected and I can use the watch to make calls but it can't send or receive sms and the emails haven't updated since yesterday.

Established Contributor

DrSteve, 

I had the same issue last night. My phone was off but wanted to send a text, which wouldn't work via the watch, yet a phone call went through no issues.

Strange one & hoping I dont need the phone to send texts.

by wilm Investigator
Investigator

Esurient,

I'm fairly sure the phone has to be on to send and receive texts. Although you don't need to have it connected via bluetooth or anything, or even have your phone near you. It still has to be on. I believe it essentially sets up a remote connection.

Established Contributor

Believe you're right. So I'll be returning it.

Thanks!

by DrSteve Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Still no luck here. Wife came home and watch automatically connected over Bluetooth which allowed the emails to sync. Turned Bluetooth off again and nothing working. Watch has a 4g signal but doesn't receive incoming emails and can't send sms

by

Morning @DrSteve

Thanks for posting on the community.

If you give our technical support team a call they will be able to get this looked into for you.

Thanks, Leanne.

by Misatok Contributor
Contributor

Just to keep you up to date the issue was resolved. It seems that the esim was corrupt and only solution is for a new one to be issued and only tech support can do this  Once it had been done it was working within 10mins although can take up to an hour I was told.

For those having issues with no notifications of certain things coming through this might clarify things. If thf phone is switched off/no signal and watch on 4G then you will only get calls. When phone is on you will get notifications of the rest. I'd also check notication settings as its set that if you are using phone they won't come through on watch so feel free to change that. Hope this helps. 

by

Morning @Misatok

Thanks for coming back and letting us know.

Glad this is sorted for you 🙂

Have a lovely day.

by TheAssassin74
Explorer

Hi,

When I received my watch at release the seal on the box was also broken, I assumed EE had added or removed something and seeing that everything was in mint condition I wasn’t worried.

In relation to the phone number showing all zeros I also have this. When I first set it up I did have an actual phone number in it, it was the number that is assigned to the watch under my EE contracted devices on the my EE web page. However I had to factory reset my note 9 and since then it’s been all zeros.

I Am unable to make any meaningful texts from the watch as they get delivered hours, days later or even not at all. I appreciate teething problems but between spotty Bluetooth issues, and stand alone watch operations this thing is getting beyond a joke. But I love it, so am loathed to return it. I’m almost sure this should have its number in the device instead if zeros, otherwise how logically is it truly able to be a stand alone mobile device.

Currently it’s all remotely connected to your base mobile which then relies on both the devices having a good signal to receive and transmit, where as if this watch actually was standalone you would only have to worry about the watch signal strength.

I purchased this device for emergencies as I’m physically disabled and in a wheelchair and I don’t always have my mobile on me when something happens I need some help. The watch I’m always wearing but, the issues are at present turning this in to a very expensive paperweight.

I simply wish EE would be more forth coming with the general issues that are being worked on and a rough time frame. I’m praying that when Android 9 is released in January for the Note 9 some of this issues will be solved automatically along with the delay issue I’m experiencing with my Note 9 that is driving me nuts.

Sorry for any typos.......

Sent via Outlook for iOS

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.