EE Community

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Non-UK Credit Card - Top Up

I travel back and forth to the UK on business.  I would like to top up my EE prepaid mobile broadband, but I do not have a UK credit card.

Seems strange, I could buy it with a non-uk credit card, but cannot top up without one

What are the option - I would like to top up before I arrive so it is ready to go when I hit the ground, so going into an EE Store is not the best option since typically arrive on a Sunday and nearest stores are closed.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by brendonx (Grand Master)
‎30-09-2015 12:27 AM
EE Employee

Re: Non-UK Credit Card - Top Up

Hi lawgod,

Unfortunately it isn't possible to top up with a non UK credit/debit card. However the page HERE will give you more information on all of the top up methods available.

Thanks

Sorcha 

Community guidelines Community stars programmeMeet the EE Community teamHow to use the community

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by brendonx (Grand Master)
‎30-09-2015 12:27 AM
EE Employee

Hi lawgod,

Unfortunately it isn't possible to top up with a non UK credit/debit card. However the page HERE will give you more information on all of the top up methods available.

Thanks

Sorcha 

Community guidelines Community stars programmeMeet the EE Community teamHow to use the community

Why don't you accept PayPal? That would solve the non UK credit card problem. I am in the same situation myself. I am visiting on sabbatical and need to be able to call home. 

It is so extremely inconvenient to have to find a top up place. 

The top-up places accept my credit card, why can't I register my credit card with you? 

To simply say it isn't possible, or we don't do that, isn't really an answer or a solution.

Thanks,

visiting.

Visitor

I can use my US credit card all over the UK, in shops, restaurants at Amazon UK, buy my theatre tickets from New York, but topping up my phone with EE is impossible.  This is clearly absurd.  When I travel to England, as i do frequently, I want to be able to have a fully charged phone, but EE doesn't want me to, that is strange.

Explorer

I have the same problem and it's ridiculous that in this day and age EE don't accept non uk credit card either over the phone or on line.  I will just have to go with another provider who is living in the 21st century.  It's crazy that up I can buy the card in a shop but no other way !!!   Get with the programme guys!

Topics: 2
Kudos: 277
Solutions: 268

Hi @Annabar

I have answered you in your other post thank you 

Thanks Smiley Happy

I have a feeling that it is a kind of UK mobile operators issue (I don't know what do they have in their heads, really), because I had the same issue with O2 - they were refusing to accept my non-UK credit card.

I was sure that all these Visas, Mastercards etc are made for people to be able to use it for payments worldwide. Why (Why, really???) UK mobile providers are asking it to be UK card? I agree with you, it is ridiculous. I am going to check a couple more operators - I hope maybe one of them will be in a normal state of mind.